Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure that this topic has been pounded into the ground, but I am a new owner as well as a new member to this forum, and am seeking knowledge....

My ST2 with 4100 miles is experiencing a nervous breakdown, apparently sourced from it's regulator/rectifier. My Ducati guy (Mario at Letko Cycles in KC) advised that there is nothing to be done other than install the factory rectifier and wait for it to happen again. I know about relocating the unit into the air intake, which helps to some extent. My wife, a wizard on the internet, found www.regulatorrectifier.com and they sell a replacement unit complete with cooling fins. I am curious if anyone has had experience with this? Also, just for reference, it is my understanding that the OEM unit is around $300, while the replacement is just over $150.

Any advice offered will be appreciated.

kelly
98 ST2
99 r1100s
74 r90s

·
Registered
209 Posts
the psep.biz states it is a 3 phase but the pic is a single phase with two yellow wires. you may want to call them and verify that it is a 2 wire single phase if you want to go that route.

·
Registered
320 Posts
st r/r st ducati

hello
have you looked at the honda SH232 r/r as some have used them, a honda r/r from e/bay just to try
some thing to do with the st ducati r/r/ takes the stator out put at max/or makes it work at max as it is a shunt r/r/ the honda is not all the time the SH232 only takes what it needs it is also 3 phase r/r
some off those that are up to speed on the site will have worked it out it is a very old fault and it keeps coming back to st 2 ducati
if you pop on to yahoo ducati st group full writ up in the files
mike shannon st2 n.ireland uk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts