Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can buy reflectors that fit the inserts in the sidebags?

Thanks,

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you can't find exactly what you are looking for, you might consider buying one of the rolls of reflective material that you can cut to size.
Some of it looks dark grey/black under normal light so it blends in nicely during the day but it does reflect well at night - like Scotchlite material.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I had a hard time finding some myself. So I went to a local auto parts store and did what Pookadog mentioned.
I got the stuff that you see on 18-wheelers. Red/white stipe (because it was inexpensive and VERY reflective) and carefully trimmed a piece of red for each side. It looks amazingly good. I actually like it better than the plastic reflectors. Not cheap-looking at all. And MAN does that stuff reflect from all angles.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike,
IN the photo, the sidebag reflector on your '03 ST4s looks like a light. Is it the tape you mentioned?

·
Mr Leakered
8,816 Posts
Also, there are some very cool reflectors on eBay for all of $20 for the rear of the bags. They are a color match the bags in the day time and turn white when illuminated. They cover most of the rear surface of the bag and are realatively easy to install.

Good idea on the side reflectors. I don't like the OEM ones and mine were set up with the yellow ones. I guess that is the Euro color?

Have a good one.

·
Registered
494 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've got a spare set out in the garage. For a beer each plus a nominal shipping fee, I can be convinced to part with them. Feel free to send me a PM if interested and I will let you in on my beer of preference.

·
Registered
494 Posts
That's the same material that is reflective white in one of the pics I posted above (checkerboard).

·
Mr Leakered
8,816 Posts
Those are the ones that I was speaking about.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I bought one of these for the rear, they are good quality

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Italian-Flag-Reflector-Guzzi-Ducati-Benelli-Aprilia_W0QQitemZ220447322190QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item3353af304e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1683|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

1 - 13 of 13 Posts