Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have the link for the guy that sells the reflective tape that fits the rear of the st bags? Looking for the stuff that's inconspicious until light shines on it....Will

·
Registered
466 Posts
Reflective "tape"

If you "Google", you should be able to find numerous places to buy the reflective sheets. I put it on mine and it makes a huge difference in visibility from the rear (in headlights).

As I recall, it's made by 3M, so search on "3M reflective material" for starters.

I purchased the black sheets, which when adhered to the rear and sides of the panniers, is invisible during the day, bright white at night. It's available in other colors, of course.

You'll probably want to buy several sheets so that you can have some large reflective surfaces; as I mentioned, I put it on the rear and sides of my panniers and on the small black parts of the fairing where the radiator heat is supposed to escape.

It works great. Good luck.

G.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Being seen...

Although it wasn't part of your original question, if you want to boost your visibility, consider replacing your turn signal and brake bulbs with LEDs. Yikes! What a difference! Very easy to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
eBay seller

I bought some earlier this year from the ebay seller and have been very happy with it. Almost unnoticeable in daylight and was really cut well to the contours of the bike. Do a search on eBay for Item number: 120460191587.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
$25 is a good price for that, he doesn't say if it's 3M or not though but being in the sign business I've used a lot of Avery (a bit cheaper) without a problem. It costs me about $17 a yard at 24" and that looks like the better part of a yard.

There are different levels of reflectivity, that's probably what's called engineer grade, the prismatic stuff is quite a bit more reflective but maybe too much for this application.

·
Registered
494 Posts
$25 is a good price for that, he doesn't say if it's 3M or not though but being in the sign business I've used a lot of Avery (a bit cheaper) without a problem. It costs me about $17 a yard at 24" and that looks like the better part of a yard.

There are different levels of reflectivity, that's probably what's called engineer grade, the prismatic stuff is quite a bit more reflective but maybe too much for this application.
I don't have the pannier set, rather the checkered helmet application. Same stuff from Applied Graphics. I applied them to both my helmet and panniers. Reflectivity is pretty good yet not obnoxious. I find some of the stuff out there too bright. Especially something as large as the pannier setup. I also like how it's black when no light source is pointed in its direction. Subtle until lit.
Here's an example.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts