Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on this and could not find any info. Does software exsist to reflash the ecu on these bikes? My tuning experiance is from the car world and you can get shareware like ECU Flash on the net to tune and datalog the factory ECU's for EVOs and STis and such. I would like to tune my Hypermotard without Power Commanders and other piggyback type fuel computers.

Does something like this exist for Ducatis?

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
You can't adjust the stock ECU. The ECUs that come with the DP cams or 2-1 exhaust have limited adjustability (fuel trim and TPS reset) and requies Techno Reseach softwae. A Power Commander or similar module is required for any further mapping adjustments.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I think Anthony of DesmoWorks has a method to flash stock ECUs.

Do a search for his posts.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
let's have desmo works post up in this thread to confirm that they can re-flash stock ECUs with the DP race ECU files, and what the costs are.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'm with you on this one since I drive a WRX and easily gained tons more torque and driveabiltity with less than $200 worth of parts and free software. At least with bikes, maps are often shared. Cars aren't the same way. I am interested to see if anything can be done though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can't adjust the stock ECU. The ECUs that come with the DP cams or 2-1 exhaust have limited adjustability (fuel trim and TPS reset) and requies Techno Reseach softwae. A Power Commander or similar module is required for any further mapping adjustments.
Is this a global trim change or can you actualy tune the fuel and spark maps? Is this software avalibe to the public?

·
Registered
57 Posts
One of the board sponsors, Motowheels has a kit that you can re-flash your ECU. It might be what you are looking for.

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=1055%7CHypermotard%20Engine&productID=6854&showDetail=1&categoryID=1074|Hypermotard%20Engine%20Fuel%20%26%20Air&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One of the board sponsors, Motowheels has a kit that you can re-flash your ECU. It might be what you are looking for.

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=1055%7CHypermotard%20Engine&productID=6854&showDetail=1&categoryID=1074|Hypermotard%20Engine%20Fuel%20%26%20Air&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts
Bad Link?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This seems to allow reflashing with some pre supplied maps. I presume Ducati uses Alpha-N load calculation with Baro compensation which makes universal mapping somewhat lame.

I am looking for something where I can edit the actual fuel and spark maps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts