Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
We reflashed our SC with the ProTune ECU Remap Kit.

They have several different maps ( including the DP map) that you can get based on what mods you currently have. It is a simple plug in process. You can change the maps yourself as you change the bike.

The maps eliminate the closed loop--so if you want to piggy back on them with a PC, you can do that as well for fine tuning.

-M

·
Registered
300 Posts
$450 seems high when you can buy a DPECU on eBay or from members of the board between $250-$350.

Whats the advantage of flashing vs plugging in a different ECU? You still have to unplug the ECU correct, so I would not think time savings is the benefit?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
2 advantages:

1. Used ECU's cost so little usually because they are bonded to their original bike's Red Key, thus they are useless until they are reflashed. A $250 ECU + $450 Reflash = $700, which is still only a little over 1/2 the price of a new DP ECU.

2. The ability to reflash means that you may have the option of manipulating the map to better suit your own bike.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks Major,

With this system (flashing the ECU), being able to put on your own map, does this nullify the use of a Power Commander (I assume a PC is used to remap as well; am I off base?)

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Thanks Major,

With this system (flashing the ECU), being able to put on your own map, does this nullify the use of a Power Commander (I assume a PC is used to remap as well; am I off base?)
As Moto notes, you can combine any open-loop ECU with a Power Commander for finer control of the state of tune. With a stock ECU, it runs closed-loop and any changes made by a Power Commander (or something similar) will just be compensated for by the ECU and the mixture will be returned to stock settings.

·
Registered
846 Posts
We reflashed our SC with the ProTune ECU Remap Kit.

They have several different maps ( including the DP map) that you can get based on what mods you currently have. It is a simple plug in process. You can change the maps yourself as you change the bike.

The maps eliminate the closed loop--so if you want to piggy back on them with a PC, you can do that as well for fine tuning.

-M
too bad one enterprising individual doesnt just buy the kit to reflash his own, and then offer to help others for a nominal cost (say $100) to offset the cost of said investment and perhaps make a small profit on the side.

·
Registered
104 Posts
DP ECU reflash

from what I understand you can only reprogram your chip, im sure there is a hack out there somewhere to be able to hack all the chips.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
too bad one enterprising individual doesnt just buy the kit to reflash his own, and then offer to help others for a nominal cost (say $100) to offset the cost of said investment and perhaps make a small profit on the side.
They are matched per ECU so that isn't an option. You can buy software from a couple of companies to flash maps as well as create completely custom fuel and ignition mapping for $5,000 - $9,000.

Doug at Silverback has the actual software - he can reflash Ducati ECUs and he'll create custom maps to flash - not just steal the Ducati Performance map and flash it.

http://www.silverbackperformance.net/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts