Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reflash a farce? NEVERMIND!

So I checked with my dealer who checked all the official DNA service bulletins and no such reflash bulletin exists according to them. This is a very large volume dealer and they have no info on this. All the bulletins go through the same network so I doubt one dealer knows about it and another doesn't. It sounds like people are wishful thinking or dealer reps are lying to you.

Has anyone verified this remap? Any copies of the bulletin or anything official at all?

No offense to anyone who thinks they have gotten a reflash but I just want to know the truth. I want a fix too and this seems to be a sham.

Dont you guys think that those of us that already contacted Ducati directly would have been advised of a fix to satisfy our conserns? I do.....

JUST SAW THE POST WITH THE BULLETIN #. I WILL CHECK THIS OUT ASAP!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Check a couple of the other threads. There is the bulletin details there. It is for real. The remedy is not 100%, but it is better.
Ken

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
As I said previously I have seen the DNA email notice myself. Sounds like your dealer is not on the case.

·
Registered
132 Posts
motodave (dave from Ducat Seattle?) posted this in another thread:

The dealer needs to go to the ducati web site and log in on the "for dealer only" and follow the instructions on this bulletin, it was easy took about 15 minutes to finish uploading and have reflashed 3 streetfighters so far. Below is bulletin #

SVC-09-016

Dear Service Manager,

Ducati Motor Holding S.P.A. has made available for download an updated Electronic Control Unit (ECU) map for the existing ECU which improves the driveability of M.Y. 2010 F1098/ F1098 S Streetfighter motorcycles at low rpm. Using the below download and ECU re-mapping instructions, the update package containing the new map must be downloaded utilizing the DDSUPDATE F2 function allowing transference of the update onto the
DDS Palm compact flash memory card and then into your DDS tool.

We urge you to perform this update without delay. Step by step instructions have been provided below to assist you in performing this important update.
Maybe before you put your tin foil hat on and start a thread like this you should re-read the other two threads about the fix first. :D :p

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I put a copy of my email on my threads which states THE FIX IS OUT. & mine has been done & it works.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
motodave (dave from Ducat Seattle?) posted this in another thread:

Maybe before you put your tin foil hat on and start a thread like this you should re-read the other two threads about the fix first. :D :p
Maybe you should re- read my post where I specifically put NEVERMIND on the title and wrote in all caps that I was advised and would check it out. It was my bad, I missed that post while out of town. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
no worries... understandable.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
let us know what you think of "the fix"...
I have my first service scheduled for tomorrow night drop off so they'll do the remap then as well. I will definitely let you know what I think. It is really good to see Ducati got on this, I just hope it does the job. I rode around at Laguna Seca this last weekend with my girl on the back and it was a real pain trying to be smooth at slow speeds.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Maybe you should re- read my post where I specifically put NEVERMIND on the title and wrote in all caps that I was advised and would check it out. It was my bad, I missed that post while out of town. Thanks.
I did, I was just ribbin' you. :D

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
There are a few service bulletins pertaining to the SF.

SVC-09-014
SVC-09-014 Engine Control Unit Ground
By: DNA Service Department - 06/16/2009

Engine control unit ground screw tightening
Models: M.Y.’10 F1098 STREETFIGHTER, M.Y.’10 F1098 STREETFIGHTER S
Service Bulletin SVC-09-014

Description of the technical issue:

• Possible intermittent erratic operation and stalling of the motorcycle.

Description of the technical problem diagnosis:

• Improper tightening of the engine control unit ground screw.

Description of the technical issue solution:

• Tighten engine control unit ground screw to 12 Nm.

Technical solution implementation:

• In production motorcycles from frame # ZDMF100AA9B002437 have the repair implemented.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Here is the DDA update service bulletin.

SVC-09-010
SVC-09-010 DDS MY09 Update V7.0
By: DNA Service Department - 05/29/2009

Dear Service Manager,

We are pleased to inform you that the DDS update V7.00 is available for internet download from Tecnomotor. This update includes all M.Y. 2009 motorcycles and M.Y. 2010 Streetfighter and contains several important enhancements and bug fixes. The Internet download activated by the DDSUPDATE F2 function will allow you to update the tool with the following diagnostic systems:

• SBK 1198
• SBK 1198S
• F1098 STREETFIGHTER
• F1098 STREETFIGHTER S
• ’09 1098R
• DTC ( Ducati Traction Control ) – Diagnostic system for DTC on SBK 1198S and STREETFIGHTER S

This update will also include the update of the operating system of the tool, featuring two (2) new items:

• New initial display after power on
• USB 09 flash drive manager straight from DDS (needed to set saving operations on USB device)

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
And lastly the ECU reflash.

SVC-09-016
SVC-09-016 DDS On-Line Update
By: DNA Service Department - 07/02/2009

DDS On-Line Update
Models: All M.Y. 2010 F1098 Streetfighter
Service Bulletin SVC-09-016

Dear Service Manager,

Ducati Motor Holding S.P.A. has made available for download an updated Electronic Control Unit (ECU) map for the existing ECU which improves the driveability of M.Y. 2010 F1098/ F1098 S Streetfighter motorcycles at low rpm. Using the below download and ECU re-mapping instructions, the update package containing the new map must be downloaded utilizing the DDSUPDATE F2 function allowing transference of the update onto the DDS Palm compact flash memory card and then into your DDS tool.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
And lastly the ECU reflash.

SVC-09-016
SVC-09-016 DDS On-Line Update
By: DNA Service Department - 07/02/2009

DDS On-Line Update
Models: All M.Y. 2010 F1098 Streetfighter
Service Bulletin SVC-09-016

Dear Service Manager,

Ducati Motor Holding S.P.A. has made available for download an updated Electronic Control Unit (ECU) map for the existing ECU which improves the driveability of M.Y. 2010 F1098/ F1098 S Streetfighter motorcycles at low rpm. Using the below download and ECU re-mapping instructions, the update package containing the new map must be downloaded utilizing the DDSUPDATE F2 function allowing transference of the update onto the DDS Palm compact flash memory card and then into your DDS tool.
SO this is a flash for the ECU that everyone says cant be done & so you have to buy a new ecu to remove the lambdas.

What a crock of shit, why cant wehave the lambda removal flashed into our ecu & blank off the lambda mounting holes.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
SO this is a flash for the ECU that everyone says cant be done & so you have to buy a new ecu to remove the lambdas.

What a crock of shit, why cant wehave the lambda removal flashed into our ecu & blank off the lambda mounting holes.
Those are unrealistic expectations. No manufacture would be able to do that, period. There are laws that they have to abide by - confirming to the US standards is one of them.

The re-flash takes care of the driveability issues so not sure why you would need to remove the O2 sensors anyway?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Anthony.
Thank you for the detailed information on the service bulletins. Hopefully this will clarify that the fix is real.
It is interesting that this does raise the question, so eloquently phrased by Blackie. Obviously it is possible. I guess if different maps were offered this way, it could be argued that Ducati were facilitating alterations and thus non compliance with emissions laws.
The Termis and the "race use only" stuff is probably the only way they can do it without running foul of the laws of the country they are selling into.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Those are unrealistic expectations. No manufacture would be able to do that, period. There are laws that they have to abide by - confirming to the US standards is one of them.

The re-flash takes care of the driveability issues so not sure why you would need to remove the O2 sensors anyway?
All i,m saying is if we all could afford to throw 2 grand at a full system then we would , but how about helping some of us by knocking off the cost of an ECU by simply reflashing the original.

Or simply offering us an option of slip ons with the lambda sensors removed (for race us of course) . With a reflash option to remove the warning lights & error codes.
If this is possible for all our standard diesel cars etc etc then why not our bikes, If Ducati did this they would no doubt make more money from the working class end of the spectrum who cant afford all the bells & whistles but would throw a bit of money at it if the option was there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got my Fat Duc O2 Manipulator in the mail yesterday (ordered before this Service Bulletin "fix" was published). I'll wait to hear results of this reflash to decide if I'm gonna install it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts