Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just refitting my rear swingarm and find iv approx 1mm free movement side to side where it mounts, is this normal?

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Has the play appeared after you have refitted the rear wheel and tightened the axle? Have you moved the rear wheel further forward? Basically, this happened to me after I fitted a larger rear sprocket and had to move the wheel forward to get the required chain slack. What happened was that the rear of the swinging arm was pulled together creating side-to-side play at the swinging arm pivot. Try slackening the rear wheel nut right off and see if the play goes away.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Iv measured about half a mm of play, i think i will need to order a couple of shims and set it correct. Seems strange , i removed the swing arm and had it resprayed as there were some marks when my sprocket sheared off...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol you can say that again. All i can think is perhaps there was a shim stuck to the swingarm face when i left it to be stripped of paint ?????? I will order a couple of 0.2 mm and a 0.1mm shims and go from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts