Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New red S1K Pics...Should I get her back to stock?

Finally got some weather and time to take pics of new S1k, pretty basic mods, not sure about tail chop/signals but did not have originals to put back. Let me know what ya'll think I should do with her? Keep her stock or give her some of the old parts from the Blond?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
If the blond is any indication, you'll need to get a pair of napoleon brackets to drop the red's rear.

It's weird to see the stock mufflers vs. the Termis. Such a thickness difference. Anyway, I don't know what I'd do.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey ACn, I'm pretty sure it was an 11lb drop from the cannons to the termi's.
I was thinking of just swapping shocks as the Ohlin has some length adjustment and see if it is enough, then maybe take off bracket from yellow and use that and stock shock on red and lowered ohlin on blondie.
I drove stock for a season at that height, riding is fine backing up sucked....

Funny as uncomfortable I was riding the yellow one when I first got it and then modifying the crap out of it, I hopped on the red one and did not feel out of sorts at all, you really do get used to it as everyone says...

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WASP TMSD swap...

Just swapped the TMSD from the new Red one to my Yellow one, not that bad. Remembered everyone's advise about factories liberal use of RED locktite on small non stress bearing threads, so I hit the frame with torch to pull key switch and the bolts loosened easily although the locktite started to bind up as it cooled (very little turn radius with visegrips in there). Damn I put everything back with never seize as I cannot see them budging once tightened down.
Will take out for ride and report back but I do know it felt great on the stock suspended SC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts