Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a dead battery. Long story short I broke the sub frame and replaced it and I think I pinched a wire to the tail lights and it drained the battery. Different problem altogether. I went to replace the battery and found that they had mounted the rectifier to the battery. I have another battery I want to swap out old battery with however, I don’t know how to remove the rectifier.
Brand new Ducati owner. Sorry for the dumb question. Thanks for your reply
so my question is has anyone ever seen this before? And if so how Do you remove rectifier to attach it to new battery
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Automotive lighting

·
27,915 Posts
So that's definitely not the stock location and not the stock regulator for a 749/999. I'm assuming that's what you have?
Maybe just velcroed...or glued?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Double sided foam tape? See if a large puddy knife will pry it off

·
Registered
99' 996
649 Posts
Looks like mosfet unit and based on the grey in the mounting holes looks like they used 3m trim tape to install it. Dental floss works well also to pull through the tape to get it off.

Wood Material property Tints and shades Magenta Space

·
Registered
99' 996
649 Posts
That’s exactly what is was. Thanks. Now I need to get some more of that stuff to add it to new battery. Thank you very much.
I would look at relocating it, they dont put off a ton of heat but they do get hot, and not a good location for it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would look at relocating it, they dont put off a ton of heat but they do get hot, and not a good location for it.
thats not strong enough ;)
the person who did this has to get a kick in the lower back location.
battery's dies, this one is cooked to death i bet.

·
Registered
2011 Monster 1100 Evo, 2020 Multistrada 1260S, 2008 track 848
162 Posts
...And rotate it 90 degrees so the air flows through the cooling fins.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts