Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hot off the sew machine , turned out good~! The front part with the 900SS embroidered is suede and the back is leather. I like the contrast

on the bike. I was also going to incorperate the Itallion flag but glad that did'nt happen as the seat woulda ended up *cluttered* imho.

front gaurd back on and she's bout ready to rock an roll~!

:)

Cheer's

fart....

·
Señor Member
8,501 Posts
Your seat turned out very well, the contrasting textures look good. A couple of years ago my stock seat developed a small tear at the front edge of the passenger section. I found a used Corbin for a great price in the classifieds here to replace it. I'd been thinking of trying to reupholster the old one in red and black but with a different design than Corbin or Sargent. This year my mother gave me a commercial sewing machine, a Juki, and I'm thinking reupholstering the seat will be a winter project.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I shyied away from red simply because it would be damn hard to colour match to the paint .

·
Ducati Designs
1,125 Posts
Very sweet! A proper Ducati, curvaceous, like a naked woman. The new ones look like a naked Transformers.

pg
DD

·
Registered
211 Posts
Looks very nice. I had a leather seat on a bike about 4 bikes ago. The drawback is that it's not very weather proof. Doesn't like water or being left in the direct sun all day. If you commute you need to buy/make a cover for it. Comfy but more of a pain that it was worth looking back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yer , Leather is a LOT more work and being a skin needs to be fed with a good leather soap continually to prevent cracking . funny thing is i'm normally the first to reccomend vynal but there ya go ay lol .

Cheer's

fart....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts