Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of upgrading stock rear sets. don't need professional (read expensive) but quality is important. Any recommendations out there?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I have about 40k miles on a set of Sato knock offs. Bought them used from someone on this site for a $100.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Seems there are not many choices, either pay the 500-700 for brand name, or lots of knock offs on ebay for 90 bucks, but quality - who knows - probably not great.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was looking at getting the Lightech rearsets, they discontinued the sf model.
Currently considering SBK models, I know these won't work with the sf exhaust, does anyone know if they'd work with the QD under tail system?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have about 40k miles on a set of Sato knock offs. Bought them used from someone on this site for a $100.
I had a set of Sato knock offs on my previous M696. They were absolute crap. The push rod that goes into the rear caliper screwed itself in and locked up my rear brake. Luckily, I was able to get to the shoulder of the road before a serious accident occurred. When it comes to safety equipment, it's best to stick with quality products that have actually gone through the R&D process.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They do and they don't.
With the stock exhaust, the right side would need to be spaced out.
It's possible with other exhausts, it will fit without the need for spacers.
I have Termis so should be ok. If the stock ones can interchange then I might have line on Woodcrafts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a set of Sato knock offs on my previous M696. They were absolute crap. The push rod that goes into the rear caliper screwed itself in and locked up my rear brake. Luckily, I was able to get to the shoulder of the road before a serious accident occurred. When it comes to safety equipment, it's best to stick with quality products that have actually gone through the R&D process.
Fully agree

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's important with anything that you install that you do so correctly. You can just as easily run into this problem with well designed parts. Always do a test ride before going a distance, test everything you installed at low speeds, and bring relevant tools to alter anything that might need it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I am considering a new set of Woodcrafts specifically for the SFS.
Last I checked woodcraft didn't have rearsets specifically for any model streetfighter - if they did, that would be awesome as their stuff is a good price!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did a search for 2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 rear sets and there several listings for woodcraft models. Frankly, I didn't take a closer look but will do so... Again, thanks for all the information.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Woodcraft doesn’t have a rearset for SF. After browsing the web,I’m leaning toward AEM rearsets. They appear to be on the lower price point of quality rearsets (Sato, CNC) while still made in Italy. Anyone have experience with AEM?

·
Registered
1 Posts
No experience w/ AEM, but have bought several Sato’s. Great product, would recommend finding some quality used over cheaper...
Don’t know the possibility of rebuilding others (replacing damaged parts) but the Sato’s are easy to do so & seem to be really good at not transferring energy (damage). If course makes finding used difficult.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Honestly I love the Ducati Performance ones best. They are easy to find at heavily discounted prices at the moment. I got mine for 50% off retail.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Honestly I love the Ducati Performance ones best. They are easy to find at heavily discounted prices at the moment. I got mine for 50% off retail.
I have never heard of DP making streetfighter rearsets, post up a pick would love to see them and let us know where to find them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts