Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
When I did mine it was not that hard. Basically remove the seats, and the little black plastic cover on the left hand side. Also the belly pan/crash plate. It looks way harder than it is, I removed the stock wires and only used the HiCap wires. Otherwise I found it was just to tight. There is a bit of having to fish the wires through some tight openings. Good kit overall.

As a follow up, I will say my bike has started in all weathers, in very cold temps. So I guess the kit did help. I was looking for something to spin my bike over faster. But I just come to the fact that these Duc's spin over slowly. Still on the stock battery.

Good luck, I'm sure your figure it out.

·
Premium Member
3,322 Posts
When I did mine it was not that hard. Basically remove the seats, and the little black plastic cover on the left hand side. Also the belly pan/crash plate. It looks way harder than it is, I removed the stock wires and only used the HiCap wires. Otherwise I found it was just to tight. There is a bit of having to fish the wires through some tight openings. Good kit overall.

As a follow up, I will say my bike has started in all weathers, in very cold temps. So I guess the kit did help. I was looking for something to spin my bike over faster. But I just come to the fact that these Duc's spin over slowly. Still on the stock battery.

I ordered it when it was colder out and it was not cranking hard enough to start without a little throttle (and then it was pissed off and didn't want to idle), now the bike is starting perfectly but since I have it - I'm going to put it on and see if it helps this fall.

·
Premium Member
3,322 Posts

I got to the "fishing wires through tight spaces"... this one's not quite as bad as the 17 airbox lid but still pretty tight. I've given up on replacing the little rubber tie downs behind the frame and I'm using tie wraps back there... no way I can attach that button bit back there.

EDIT: Finished... used tie wraps everywhere instead of the rubber things (which I think I can use in other places). They did do a good job with the kit... everything fit nicely (other than the diameter being too big for a couple of restraints.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got the kit for my 15... I don't see any instructions for the DVT multi's on the motolectric site. I imagine I can figure it out and use the pre-dvt instructions as a basic guide... but if you have dvt instructions that would be helpful. I'd especially like to know if there are tricks to feeding the wire through without having to move/disconnect a ton of things (which is what it looks like I'll have to do).
Sounds like you already installed them, but I installed these on my 2016 Pikes Peak and they did absolutely nothing for the starting slow issue. I went back and forth with Motolectric, but ultimately nothing came of it and I think our bikes just need a battery with quite a bit more CCA. The days of crappy starter wires that Ducati were infamous for are a thing of the past.

Also, it is actually a lot easier than the non-DVT. You only have to remove the seat (obviously), the small left side fairing (from the perspective of sitting on it), and the little EVAP canister behind it. Then all you have to do is pull the old cable out, and push the new cable through which is very easy to do.

·
Premium Member
3,322 Posts
With wires installed I've not had a hard start yet... however - it's a bit warmer out than it was when I WAS having hard start issues. The bike may be turning over a bit faster... but it's hard to tell. When it WAS starting hard I would connect a booster to start the bike and even then it wouldn't really sound like it was cranking faster... but it was and would always start.

If I get to the same time next year and have not had any hard starts I'll declare the wires a total success... can't really do that just yet.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts