Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My next project is to change the front sproket to 14T on my GT1000. Any suggestion for brand and type?

·
Registered
300 Posts
The Fat Duc was not enough of a cure to the low RPM/Speed/Lugging issue or are you looking for more pull from the bottom?

The reason I ask, is because I put a 14T sprocket after my first service to help the lugging issue, but I did not do anything for me. I did notice a bit more pull from take off, but nothing significant.

For the lean running lugging issue i heard the Fat Duc is the key. Do you feel the same way?

·
Registered
985 Posts
For the lean running lugging issue i heard the Fat Duc is the key. Do you feel the same way?
Install the Fat Duc O2 manipulator before you do anything else. It is THE cure for the problem. Set it at about mid range, and forget it.

It installs in 10 minutes with NO other modifications, costs only about
$80, and will lower you gas milage only slightly.

Sixth gear is an overdrive on these bikes. I use it only rarely, for high speed touring. Then, I'm glad I have it. A 14t front sprocket would greatly increase engine RPMs at high speed, so I have not installed one.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks TSMGGUY,

Yeah I ordered a Fat Duc, should be here any day now. However, as you know from my other post, I need to sort out my lose of power issue.

I already have the 14T it helped get the RPM's ups.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Fat Duc was not enough of a cure to the low RPM/Speed/Lugging issue or are you looking for more pull from the bottom?

The reason I ask, is because I put a 14T sprocket after my first service to help the lugging issue, but I did not do anything for me. I did notice a bit more pull from take off, but nothing significant.

Actually I never had much lugging problem to begin with, perhaps due to where I live (altitude, humidity). After installing the Staintune and FatDuc, the bike has better low end response as well as mid range. I read the forum and many people recommend the 14T hence I was contemplating it. I adjusted my FatDuc to about 1/5 turn from maximum richness (silver dot) and am pretty happy with it. Make sure you connect it to the right connector and not the fuel pump (it is labeled but sometimes the wire is twisted so the label is facing downward).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Install the Fat Duc O2 manipulator before you do anything else. It is THE cure for the problem. Set it at about mid range, and forget it.

It installs in 10 minutes with NO other modifications, costs only about
$80, and will lower you gas milage only slightly.

Sixth gear is an overdrive on these bikes. I use it only rarely, for high speed touring. Then, I'm glad I have it. A 14t front sprocket would greatly increase engine RPMs at high speed, so I have not installed one.
Noted with thanks. I already have the FatDuc (1/5 turn from maximum richness - the silver dot). I don't have much lugging problem however was contemplating the 14T as many people in the forum recommend it. I ride mainly in the city and thought it may be a good idea to have even more low end acceleration.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Me too, a Ducati Performance 14t went right on & Yes the stock chain works.

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
I don't think brand or type is too important. Just go with what your dealer has in stock. I do feel the 14T is great to have. Before I got the 14T I had to downshift to first gear to go around city corners. Now I can take them in 2nd gear no problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts