Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the big service at 16,000 miles this past week, including the first ECU update the 2015 has had in two years. An employee picked up the bike so I wasn't able to ask what's included in this update. Anyone know?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yep they finally get rid of the dip in torque between 4-6K and extensive heat produced by the catalytic converter has been reduced making it comfortable to ride in town. On top of that they finally managed to get 160pk

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HUAWEI CAN-L11 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wow that's awesome, do you know when this ecu update was released? To the OP have you had a chance to ride it now? Any difference you noted?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow that's awesome, do you know when this ecu update was released? To the OP have you had a chance to ride it now? Any difference you noted?

I don't know when the ECU update was released, but I've now had a chance to ride the bike after the update. I can confirm that what aschemes said about overall power and elimination of the flat spot is present in real world performance. We finally have the bike we originally purchased!

Just to clarify... My 2015 was one of the first sold. It had a prominent flat spot about 4k-5k rpms and overall power was no more than my 2011 MTS, which claimed 150hp. Six months or so after purchasing the bike I got an ECU update which lessened the flat spot somewhat, but didn't do anything for overall power. This latest ECU update eliminates the flat spot and does boost power.

I didn't notice any difference in the heat coming from the cat, although it was a hot day Saturday. I did note that the bike was running at a temp of 180-210 degrees fahrenheit in 90 degree temps at 80mph, with the higher readings up a moderate, long hill. Possibly the coolant temp was hotter than in similar conditions before the update.

Another benefit of the $2100 service is that the tech adjusted my aftermarket quick shifter, which now works well. With my 64 year old reflexes the QS boosts acceleration more than the added horsepower.

(I suppose it's possible that other things the tech did at this service (e.g., replaced spark plugs) also contributed to the better performance, but I prefer to give all the credit to the ECU update.)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This ECU update MAY be recent. I took the bike in for new tires in early August and they said there were no updates. But when I took it in in late August they performed this important update.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yep they finally get rid of the dip in torque between 4-6K and extensive heat produced by the catalytic converter has been reduced making it comfortable to ride in town. On top of that they finally managed to get 160pk

Do you know if there have been any major ECU updates for the 2016 MTSE?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Don't the '15 & '16 run the same ECU? They are basically the same bike.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
665 Posts

Also some minor Bluetooth improvements, better and stable connection, more compatible with third party headsets, and read out of WhatsApp messages in the display.

1200S DVT 2016

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Hi, to get the update.... Go to the official store??? Isn´t it??? and pay, of course? Do you know the date of the update, how can i see if my bike has it?
Thanks
At the dealer for an oil change. I don't think there was an extra charge. I do have a good tech and dealer.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Also some minor Bluetooth improvements, better and stable connection, more compatible with third party headsets, and read out of WhatsApp messages in the display.

1200S DVT 2016
Totally BS guys, sorry I was f.ckng with you, but wouldn't it be great these updates!

1200S DVT 2016

·
Registered
665 Posts
I was told the only way to know is to connect ECU to computer at dealer and they'll be able to tell then what installed and whether there's an update
Yep that's the way to go. The computer connects to Ducati server and automatically installs updates needed

1200S DVT 2016

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yep that's the way to go. The computer connects to Ducati server and automatically installs updates needed

1200S DVT 2016
I was told by my dealer they were required by Ducati to connect to the computer and check for updates anytime they service a bike for any reason.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts