Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked on our site for any info but....How can I get access to any factory recalls on the 2005's 749. I will be going to the dealer and I want to make sure they update any recalls.

Thanks, E.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Recalls

You can go here to check:

NHTSA Recall Search

...but for 2005's I only see recalls for Monster 1000, 620, S2R, and S4R.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rob for the input,

I know for instance that the 04's (749) had a stalling problems when you are just about to take-off that I am now experiencing it on my 05. I don't think that it was in the NHTSA, does Ducati have a site for such recalls?

Thanks again, E

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
enrico said:
Thanks Rob for the input,

I don't think that it was in the NHTSA, does Ducati have a site for such recalls?

Thanks again, E
You're welcome. No, there isn't a place on Ducati.com, nor on the DNA-specific website that I can find for recall information. If you think there's a recall but can't find it on the NHTSA site, your best bet is probably to call a dealer and ask if there have been any special service bulletins for your model/year. Sometimes a service bulletin will go out to authorized mechanics that isn't technically a recall, but still represents a warrantable preventive maintenance procedure.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rob,

Cool, that makes sense!

E

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.