Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came from my dealer who told me that they were told no bikes were shipping to dealers from this point due to the fuel part not agreeing with US fuel additives.

Dealer was unable to even guess when they would get shipment. They apparently haven't even been told how Ducati will handle this issue. The bikes are here (in the US) so will they retro fit them before they deliver to the dealers or once they get all the parts send them with the bikes for the dealers to handle? No one seems to know.

If you already got your bike, stand by for a recall.

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
434 Posts
My dealer has already received the parts to fix the recall. Unfortunately, he only received a black 'S' model for the demo...not the red one like we anticipated.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dealer has already received the parts to fix the recall. Unfortunately, he only received a black 'S' model for the demo...not the red one like we anticipated.
Really? Huh and I thought my dealer had their stuff together. I'm starting to think that their not quite what they crack themselves up to be.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Same here, they have the part for replacement, except they only have a red S and not the black I ordered.

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
434 Posts
Same here, they have the part for replacement, except they only have a red S and not the black I ordered.
I'm telling you, if we switch dealers, we'll both have our bikes!!! :D Yours has the red, mine has the black! :think:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
In the recall announcement posted in another thread, they plan for the recall to be implemented in June.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
434 Posts
In the recall announcement posted in another thread, they plan for the recall to be implemented in June.

Chris
You're right, but my dealer already fixed the demo bike when they received it. Since they already have the parts, they went ahead and did the fix...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I have been told the same thing from my dealer Ducati Seattle who are NOT full of BS just to placate customers. Sure its a bummer having to wait but hey.... get it right before you send it to me... thats a customer focused business.

·
Registered
107 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts