Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

221 - 236 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Last week I found myself a BNIB SPS subframe on ebay. (there is still anonther one for sale)
I was searching quite a while for this one cause it got the holes to use my carbon under seat bracket!

The original pricetag is still on it

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Thanks,

The expansiontank is the one from a 998/999 RS.
Once in a while they come along on online marketplaces.
Be aware if you're going this way you can't use your street airducts.

I still have to work on my front turn indicators.

My new subframe is mounted!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #227 (Edited)

]

For some reasons I've been away for a couple of years but this month I've started to work on the bike.

At the moment I'working on:
The 749R calipers are sold an I've bought some new Brembo monoblocks.
I've upgraded the plastick fuel connectors to the metal ones.
And I also bought a billet nut for the fuel level sensor underneath te gastank.

The next upgrade I would really like to do is an old school digital dash...., the saga continues!

·
Premium Member
5,048 Posts
sp1 honda dash looks cool on one of these. fitted one to my old bikes (916 then 996) and then to a customers 998 and another to 91 gsxr 7/11. any dash that isnt CAN can be made to work. haltech also make a dash that looks like what the factory race bikes had back then.

·
Premium Member
5,048 Posts
Morning Willem. Most (nearly all) my Ducati data I’ve gathered over the years was lost due to bad decisions over my choice of business partner. Will do the best I can to find pics.

Most dashboards can be adapted to suit the 748-998. Major grief when adapting a dash from a Japanese bike is the early Ducati used a square wave signal from the computer and the Japanese used a sine wave signal. I got a wiz to make me an adapter box to run in line. Later Ducati computers won’t need this and all modern aftermarket dash’s can be programmed or switched to either. The other anomaly is the Ducati positive triggered low fuel signal. Easy fixed with a small relay. And lastly with a dash from another bike you need a HALL trigger and a place to put it for a speed signal. Aftermarket dash’s can be calibrated to the correct speed but you will need something like a SpeedoHealer for the Ducati if you choose to run a dash from another bike. For the speedo and low fuel warning I just made a sub harness and everything else made a plug from the dash to the bike. Mounting is easy, just cut to whatever shape you want from a piece of 1.5mm carbon. Can’t promise any pics but I’ll do my best to find some old ones.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #231 (Edited)
And finally after a long search I've found the real deal!
Magneti Marelli MT940B1
Ofcourse the seller was Italian with great help from Google Translate.

A brand new in box, complete with wiring an sensors.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #232 (Edited)
Next job I'm workin on is to make the Ducabike CCPI04 switch work for my Black on Black 748.
As you can see it's plug and play for an 848 and has a total different connector than the one my bike has.

So I also bought another OEM LH handlebar switch for an extra 748 connector.
I didn't want to screw my own because I don't know which direction this will go.
I already dismantled both switches, the OEM one and the Ducabike switch and trying to understand how both switches work.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #233 (Edited)
It worked out
The ducabike switch has 7 buttons, I don’t know what the function is of the buttons at the backside
I swapped some buttons from the back to the frontside of the controller to make it more logical.
So now we got high beam, R turn signal, low beam, L turn signal and horn.
High beam signal on the backside of the controller.

There is one thing that didn’t work out.
When switching to high beam, low beam has to shut off, but it doesn’t.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Scrolling through your menu and changing settings in your menu.

Yes I read the manual.
But I’ve got a ‘98 old school bike, so I don’t have a menu.
And never take a closer look to a 848.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
And after I fixed the LH side Ducabike switches, I decided to go for the RH side as well.
According to their website this one should be “plug & play”
Well, I can tell you..., it’s not!!!

221 - 236 of 236 Posts