Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short story: Had an off recently. Broke nose fairing, screwed up brake lines, destroyed dash, bent bars and handlebar mount

Computer Problems: New dash isn't mated to the ECU= Immobilizer crap. I am trying to figure out the best means to get this fixed. Should I get it dealer flashed? Heard that is $$$ or go aftermarket ECU. The microtec 197 seems interesting but looks like it is not compatible with the EVO due to siemens ECU if I understand correctly.Just looking for recommendations or links to follow to get a better understanding. I prefer the ECU route as to have more direct control over engine management plus I could sell my PCV to offset some of the cost.

Handlebar: Bent the clamp/riser for the handlebar. Not sure if the bar is bent but I may go ahead and replace that while I am at it. I run a scott's dampener and it was a scotts riser so I was just looking for some pictures/ recommendations once again on the riser/clamp you guys have switched over to. Was thinking about getting those carbon bars that look oh so smexy or an anodized set. Who's running what and let me see em!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Computer Problems: New dash isn't mated to the ECU= Immobilizer crap.
On the 08,09 Hypers with MM ECU the ECU is not mated to anything the Key and
Dash are locked to each other the ECU just turns on or off the Immobilizer function.
It seems that the 2010-2012 would function the same if you had the MM ECU it is
very easy to turn off the Immobilizer in the ECU software, I have done it on 10 or
more ECU's and it has worked every time.
I have never looked into flashing the Siemens ECU as I don't have one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Short story: Had an off recently. Broke nose fairing, screwed up brake lines, destroyed dash, bent bars and handlebar mount

Computer Problems: New dash isn't mated to the ECU= Immobilizer crap. I am trying to figure out the best means to get this fixed. Should I get it dealer flashed? Heard that is $$$ or go aftermarket ECU. The microtec 197 seems interesting but looks like it is not compatible with the EVO due to siemens ECU if I understand correctly.Just looking for recommendations or links to follow to get a better understanding. I prefer the ECU route as to have more direct control over engine management plus I could sell my PCV to offset some of the cost.
I would think you could just send the ECU to get flashed via Rexxar or similar service. This is helpful if you have an open filter and open exhaust, gets rid of the need for a PCV, and can disable the immobilizer.

Aftermarket ECUs won't work with the Evos as they are the Siemens ECUs, not the MM.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am unfamiliar with rexxar so I will do some research on that route. Thanks for your reply! Yeah, mods engine wise are: Stacks, full system, DP cams.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am unfamiliar with rexxar so I will do some research on that route. Thanks for your reply! Yeah, mods engine wise are: Stacks, full system, DP cams.
Rexxar is just one avenue (http://www.rexxer.com/ecu-tuning-info--find-a-dealer). If you have a local dealer that has a Tuneboy, that is another option (Tuneboy | Engine Management Systems).

Personally, I took my bike to Ducshop here in Atlanta. They were able to reflash the ECU and build custom tune maps based off of a dyno run using a Tuneboy. Cost ~$400. Doing this, they can disable the immobilizer system, get rid of the flapper valve, and O2 sensors. Bike runs like new and is much smoother around town at lower RPMs. Highly recommend to get the most out of the stacks and exhaust.

On a separate note, you installed the DP cams on the Evo SP? It was my understanding that the Evo SP came from the factory with basically the DP cams. I thought the DP cams only helped on the pre-Evo bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts