Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again,

I have Ohlins FG 320 R&T forks. they came with the fork bottoms that accept the six bolt radial or axial adapters. The Radial adapters are no longer available and neither are radial fork bottoms. I found these:

Will I have any issues with this "bomboletto" (sp??) style adjuster. I'm ok with trimming my fender if needed. My main concern is will I be able to adjust my forks with this external adjuster? or bypass the setup if needed.

Davide at Moto Corse said there shouldn't be an issue. Just curious if anyone knew more about this.

Thanks
Oscar

Attachments

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Why not call Ohlins USA in NC and ask if they can change them out for you. I had a set of RTs w/ axial brackets on my 999. The radial RT bracket was no longer available thru Ohlins so they offered to install an OEM 999R radial fork bottom. They just moved the rebound adjustment location. Why couldn't they use an OEM radial Ducati fork bottom?. I sent the forks down to them, they did the change, and serviced them. Turn around in a few days.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Konstantin.

ZDM, I looked all over the net and could not track down a pair of OEM ohlins fork bottoms. There was a left side on eBay, and a few forks that I considered buying for the bottoms but then it just ended up being more than the Moto Corse bottoms.

Is the purpose of that attachement just to spin the adjustment 90°? Or to make it look like some of the race forks used on bikes like the F03?

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Thanks Konstantin.

ZDM, I looked all over the net and could not track down a pair of OEM ohlins fork bottoms. There was a left side on eBay, and a few forks that I considered buying for the bottoms but then it just ended up being more than the Moto Corse bottoms.

Is the purpose of that attachement just to spin the adjustment 90°? Or to make it look like some of the race forks used on bikes like the F03?
A member is selling R bottoms....I would call Ohlins USA and speak to a tech guy and make sure the 999R bottoms will work, make sure the compression adjustment port will work, etc.,.....it should. If it will, buy the R bottoms if you want, send the whole kit and caboodle down to Ohlins and let them do the change over correctly. Just my 2 cents....

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the links Konstantin.

ZDM, I spoke to Ohlins USA a few weeks ago and they advised that I not attempt to put OEM Ducati Ohlins bottoms on my R&Ts.

The moto corse set is on its way and I'm sure Mark Gillotte from Moto Gizmo will make easy work of the set up... assuming it all bolts together, which it should...

So no one has played with this style adjuster in the past?

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They arrived. Got to SC in about a week from Italy. Forks are being sent off to ohlins. Thanks Davide from Moto Corse.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.