Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add side panniers to my bike, and have tracked down a couple sets, but I need to make an offer. I don't want to lowball, but I don't want to be uninformed either.

what's a reasonable used market price for Ducati panniers and the required frames?

·
7,733 Posts
I want to add side panniers to my bike, and have tracked down a couple sets, but I need to make an offer. I don't want to lowball, but I don't want to be uninformed either.

what's a reasonable used market price for Ducati panniers and the required frames?

What are they asking?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I paid $150US and $225US for a each side without the brackets. Both were new and unused with manual and other bits. I paid $25NZD for a set of brackets

·
Registered
1,725 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Mr Leakered
8,816 Posts
I have a new left side bag with a red color panel that I'd sale off for $200 plus shipping.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a new left side bag with a red color panel that I'd sale off for $200 plus shipping.

Have a good one.
That's actually a really good price for a new bag. There's a vendor in Italy who also has new ST bags, Victory SNC. The ebay listing's in italian but easy enough to find, and the bags (new, with mounting brackets) come up to about 500 or 550 shipped.

Alas, that's also what I paid for my whole ST2 (nonrunning, lost title, so the deal wasn't THAT good), so I haven't coughed up the dough yet. I was able to pick up a used left saddlebag, but EVERY used saddlebag seems to be a left saddlebag - do Ducs only fall on their clutch sides? - so I'm still looking for a right ST saddlebag.

No fun. Victory SNC might get my money in the end.

Marco

·
Mr Leakered
8,816 Posts
Mine's been down in both sides for sure. ;)

No worries. The bags are indespensible no matter what.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Considering the local dealers will get you for a set for a grand, a set in good condition under $500 with brackets would seem reasonable if they still seal and haven't been scuffed too hard. Do you have the optional turn signal setup that relocates the rears after the mounts and bags are in place?

·
Mr Leakered
8,816 Posts
Do you have the optional turn signal setup that relocates the rears after the mounts and bags are in place?
I do. I don't like the optional locations as I think the signal is not fully visible from the side. With the drivers around here getting worse and worse, I wouldn't want to have any less visibility. I really need to start thinking about getting move visible.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just went ahead and bought the new set from Pro Italia. It's new, a good price, and I don't have to deal with hunting for a left bag here, a right frame there, and while I'll end up saving $200-300, there's the time, hassle, and dealing with fixing old bags.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
argh, backordered three weeks :(

·
Mr Leakered
8,816 Posts
Backordered? That seem to mean that they are still producing them in Italy?

Have a good one.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hello

I picked up a set of nearly virginal yellow bags for like $250 a few weeks ago off ebay. Only problem was they had no keys, seller said the right bag contained a "bonus" rainsuit for whoever bought them and got 'em open.
Well, I figured there's only a dozen or so key combo's, and I've got a bunch of bags/keys, so what the hell...
Sho'nuff, I had a key that opened 'em and what did I find in the right bag? The other two pannier keys (w/ scabbards) an owners manual and toolkit.
All in pristine condition. No rainsuit.
Don't really envision a yellow bike, but anyway....

·
Mr Leakered
8,816 Posts
That's excellent.

Those little scabbards are cool, but I keep loosing them.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Now the QooD: How did he lock the keys INSIDE the case, when you NEED THE KEY to do that?????

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Now the QooD: How did he lock the keys INSIDE the case, when you NEED THE KEY to do that?????
They must have had three. Top case?

·
Registered
56 Posts
How did it work out with your order? I have a set of red bags off my 1999 ST4 that I'm going to sell, with the mounting brackets if you're still looking.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, I got brand-spanking new bags and am very happy with them. One of the frames got bent when I highsided at 60mph, but the bike landed in soft grass (very wet from several days of rain)and the case popped off...wonder if that's a feature designed to save the case, because the sum total expense for repairing my bike was: bottle of superglue, and one turn signal ($20).

I find the latching mechanism a bit annoying, but I do have a complete touring bike now and I can't feel any effect on the bike's handling at all.

But in June, had your bags been up for sale, I would have snapped them up. While shiny new parts are nice, for a 12-year old bike, they're certainly not required.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts