1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Wondered if anyone is currently using or has used these in the past:

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4684/694/

I like the concept of the 8 variable positions, so that I could put them down low for general riding and then up/back for the track.

However, I am wondering how these work in relation to the brake/shift levers that stay in stock position?

Also, any thoughts on the length of the arm, 23, 30, and 50mm are the available lengths.

·
Registered
346 Posts
These look like a German version of the Ducati Designs footpegs, which I know
some of the folks on this list (including myself) are using. See:
http://www.ducatidesigns.com/inc/sdetail/3797

I like the 30mm arms (an inch is 25.4 mm).

These kinds of pegs (cranked to the full up position) are one step toward solving
the HM's cornering clearance issues. I like mine, though I would expect a real
rearset billet kit like those from Sato and others would be even better. The
Ducati Designs pegs retain the fold-up feature, which you may or may not want.
For me, being somewhat 'careful' with my cash compared to many Ducati owners,
the $750-1100 for genuine rearsets was a little over-the-top. :eek:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Works Great...

I have them on my hyper... works great I'll post some pics later... I went with the racing ones...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replies

These look like a German version of the Ducati Designs footpegs, which I know
some of the folks on this list (including myself) are using. See:
http://www.ducatidesigns.com/inc/sdetail/3797

I like the 30mm arms (an inch is 25.4 mm).

These kinds of pegs (cranked to the full up position) are one step toward solving
the HM's cornering clearance issues. I like mine, though I would expect a real
rearset billet kit like those from Sato and others would be even better. The
Ducati Designs pegs retain the fold-up feature, which you may or may not want.
For me, being somewhat 'careful' with my cash compared to many Ducati owners,
the $750-1100 for genuine rearsets was a little over-the-top. :eek:
Thanks for all the replies.

I have looked at the DP solutions along with Sato and Woodcraft. They are all nice but a bit pricey.

The ones I posted are not exactly cheap, $244, for race in black plus shipping. Good call on the fold up option as I am sure that would be important if I had them in a down position.

·
Registered
592 Posts
+ like a million on the woodcraft for the track. SOLID. those ones on arms will hopefully snap off in a crash before they fold up and crack the engine casings.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a set of Woodcraft rear sets on my Hyper and love them. They raise the pegs up and back by 20mm which is still comfortable but raise them up enough they are perfect for the track. No more scraping the pegs! I can actually snag a knee pretty easy now:) Another great feature is the ability to change from standard to GP shift real easy.

Hi all,
Wondered if anyone is currently using or has used these in the past:

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4684/694/

I like the concept of the 8 variable positions, so that I could put them down low for general riding and then up/back for the track.

However, I am wondering how these work in relation to the brake/shift levers that stay in stock position?

Also, any thoughts on the length of the arm, 23, 30, and 50mm are the available lengths.

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ducatidesigns adjustable pegs

I just got the 30mm adjustable with the race pegs. Moved about an inch up and 1 inch back. Super fast shipping. Quality product. I took the shifter off the bike rotated shifter 1 notch rearward which raised shifter lever up to perfect height. Perfect adjustment for my size 13 shoe. Total cost $155. DucatiDesigns.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a set of Woodcraft rear sets on my Hyper and love them. They raise the pegs up and back by 20mm which is still comfortable but raise them up enough they are perfect for the track. No more scraping the pegs! I can actually snag a knee pretty easy now:) Another great feature is the ability to change from standard to GP shift real easy.

I was reading this post and I thought to myself. I know someone that has pegs just like that on his Hyper. Then I realized that it was you. Now if I could only afford a set of those pegs I could get knee just like you when you are in front of me.

EPR 4 life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts