Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found rearsets for their hyper that are reasonably priced? My friend just bought some decent rearsets for his 1098 for the the mid $300's. Everything I've seen for the Hyper is close to at least double or more. Why are they so much more expensive for the hyper?

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
There's a lot of material and machining required to make a set of rearsets for the Hyper. Look at your stock pieces, and compare them to a superbike, for example. It's much more complicated.

The least expensive "real" set of rearsets I've seen for our bikes are the ones from Woodcraft... (By real, I mean the entire assembly, not just a different peg, and it changes the position of the pegs and controls...)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at those and I actually found them for $500, which isn't terrible. It's just a lot of money when you are supporting another race bike too.:D

·
Registered
236 Posts
damn you're right about that Scott

i never really looked at it that way, thought we were just being taken for a ride hehe

·
Registered
442 Posts
The least expensive "real" set of rearsets I've seen for our bikes are the ones from Woodcraft... (By real, I mean the entire assembly, not just a different peg, and it changes the position of the pegs and controls...)
Another point about the woodcrafts that makes them "least expensive" is replacement parts are readily available and very reasonably priced. Viewed from this perspective, I don't think there is any other option worth considering for the Hyper.

Also, Im not aware of any others that come close to the gain in cornering clearance. I assume thats why you ask the question in the first place?

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Another point about the woodcrafts that makes them "least expensive" is replacement parts are readily available and very reasonably priced. Viewed from this perspective, I don't think there is any other option worth considering for the Hyper.

Also, Im not aware of any others that come close to the gain in cornering clearance. I assume thats why you ask the question in the first place?
Love my Woodcrafts, well worth the money spent, not to mention how great they are on the track.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep. I would like to rearsets as I want the ground clearance. I am at the track a ton and want to be able to ride the hyper sometimes. I also go to Deals Gap every year and the hyper will soon be my only street legal bike.

I also like the feel of rearsets better.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nice job, Shenders!

Have you encountered side stand clearance issues since your install?

I keep promising myself that I will come up with a relocation solution. I am (afterall) a pro...crastinator. Looks as if you have the skills and possibly the motivation I lack.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you're ultra-cheap and have a little spare time, buy the ~$300 1098 rearsets and mill up some brackets - That's what I did and it's working well for me.
Ingenious mate! That looks like a brilliant way to make rear sets for this bike almost affordable.

·
Registered
442 Posts
someone pls manufacture and sell those convertors
A chunk of billet and a chunk of time equals a chunk of change.

There is no way that Shenders mount and the $300 rearsets would save you money over the woodcrafts unless it's your own time and the billet is left over (free).

OTOH, I like this design better than the Woodcraft. Its a little more rearward and those pegs are nice and chunky. Again, good job. Again, this is not a cheap option.

As to the clearance issue; It's only been a problem on some of our off-to-flat camber uphill hairpin lefts. I'm a one cheek off, let the road come to my knee if it needs to street rider. Now that I know of the issue, it's easy to avoid, but it does make for an interesting moment when first discovered.

·
Registered
236 Posts
quite simply i like the fact that my hyper and 848 share the same wheels and hence stand s as it makes tracking easy. now if i can share the same rearset parts even better
i have woodcrafts on my 848 and love em despite them scratching my swingarm on the left but meh... im over it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have got Spider Rearsets on mine

I had them sent over from Italy. They cost 350 Euros.
Unforunately the website is not working at the moment so I can't give any more details. But if anyone wants a contact, let me know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts