Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to fit rearsets on a '10 GT1000 and I was wondering if I could swap over monoposto parts to make it work?

If not, could I swap over Sport biposto parts then run aftermarket rearsets made for the Sport?

I'm ditching the passenger pegs and the exhaust will mount elsewhere. Looks like I'd need to solve the rear master location and kickstand? Can this be done from the Ducati parts pin? Anything else need to be resolved?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,

I have already made such modification on my GT 1000 which I am deeply transforming into old style cafe racer.
Yes you can mount the Monoposto rearsets on the GT 1000, in fact the Sport Classic frames are all the same on every model.
But to get rid of those awful, huge steel OEM GT 1000 rearsets and replace them with the Monoposto ones note this:
-you will get a bike with no footpegs for the passenger
-you will need to buy the Monoposto or similar rearsets (I bought this ones which are very nice made and very stylish
https://www.ebay.es/itm/192710324621?ul_noapp=true
-on the back brake side you will have to place the original brake master cylinder fixed to the engine bottom threads and you will have to buy a brake pedal and a master cylinder support. These parts are cheap and normally easy to get, the ST4 ones are also compatible. I bought them here www.boonstraparts.com. They are located in Holland and they have lots of very good spares from any bike at reasonable prices.
-you will have to buy new screws to fix both the rearsets as the brake master cylinder sopport, but this is also cheap and easy.
-and you will also need to buy the heel protectors, i bought these https://www.ebay.es/itm/RSR-Moto-Du...&itm=292601375233&_trksid=p5713.c100282.m3503

-Note you will have to build your own exhaust support because these rearsets are not designed to support the muffler.

It sounds complex but it is not.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

-on the back brake side you will have to place the original brake master cylinder fixed to the engine bottom threads and you will have to buy a brake pedal and a master cylinder support. These parts are cheap and normally easy to get, the ST4 ones are also compatible.
If I understand correctly you are talking about #22 in this diagram correct?

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
The OEM rearsets are terrible. I went with DucaBike rearsets and they look as close to OEM as possible, and work excellent. I've been tracking my bike with them and feel very planted to the bike and the adjustments range is as good as it gets without going to something with a million holes on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
431 Posts
Pics of the rearsets and foot positioning on track.

Reactions: svedese

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yeah, had no idea the bike would be as stellar as it is on the track. After wheels and suspension, it really flicks through the corners and hooks up to the track well. Those photos are from my second time at the track with it, I'm a lot more dialed in. Heres a more recent video on track working with a coach. I'm three bikes ahead starting at 9.50 when the coach sees me and brings me in and gave me some sweet follow cam. After he gets bored with me and I dont pass the weird two-up ride, hes leaves me in the dust lol. This was at NJMP.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yeah, had no idea the bike would be as stellar as it is on the track. After wheels and suspension, it really flicks through the corners and hooks up to the track well. Those photos are from my second time at the track with it, I'm a lot more dialed in. Heres a more recent video on track working with a coach. I'm three bikes ahead starting at 9.50 when the coach sees me and brings me in and gave me some sweet follow cam. After he gets bored with me and I dont pass the weird two-up ride, hes leaves me in the dust lol. This was at NJMP.
Nice Video.

Couple of questions, what tires are you running on the track and what sprocket choice have you made. I see in your sig you have Pilot Power 2CT, are you tracking with these or do you have other tires you use on the track?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Nice Video.

Couple of questions, what tires are you running on the track and what sprocket choice have you made. I see in your sig you have Pilot Power 2CT, are you tracking with these or do you have other tires you use on the track?
Yeah, my description need to be updated. I run Q3+ on the track and they have been great on that bike. No tire warmers, just an out lap and I corkscrew my pace. The sprockets are the stock 999 config, but I've wanted to go back to the sport1000 stock config, which I believe is 15 38. Havent thought about it in a while. The rpms were definitely clipping at 8k and it was annoying, very short gears compared to by BMW.

Reactions: motoFiend

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yeah, my description need to be updated. I run Q3+ on the track and they have been great on that bike. No tire warmers, just an out lap and I corkscrew my pace. The sprockets are the stock 999 config, but I've wanted to go back to the sport1000 stock config, which I believe is 15 38. Havent thought about it in a while. The rpms were definitely clipping at 8k and it was annoying, very short gears compared to by BMW.

Same video, but on board with me. The intake and exhaust soundawesome, but yeah, definitely difficult getting revs dialed in. Lots of brap brap brap brap brap going on. Either that or get the rev limiter turned off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How did this become a post-your-track-day video thread? I appreciate the recommendations guys, however 'which brand of rearsets' wasn't my question. I wanted to know which Sport parts I would need to swap over to the GT in order to then be able to run aftermarket rearsets made for the Sport.

Is it just the rear brake master relocation bracket and I'm good to go? (since the exhaust and passenger peg mounts aren't needed anymore)

·
Registered
431 Posts
How did this become a post-your-track-day video thread? I appreciate the recommendations guys, however 'which brand of rearsets' wasn't my question. I wanted to know which Sport parts I would need to swap over to the GT in order to then be able to run aftermarket rearsets made for the Sport.

Is it just the rear brake master relocation bracket and I'm good to go? (since the exhaust and passenger peg mounts aren't needed anymore)
Lol sorry man, guess that's what happens when it's a boring post and theres tons of stuff in the stickies on how to do it. Call JC. Hell tell you what to do. Sorry man, I thought we all pointed you in the right direction.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts