Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this topic has been beat to death so apologies in advance !
I've read (I think) all of the rearset posts and the heat guard mod posts. I'm considering either the Rizoma or Sato rearsets (I know they are $$$). Besides having nice rear sets, I'm hoping that they will allow more heal clearance on the right side without banging away and bending anything. Will they ? As far as clearance goes, is one better than the other ? I've has Satos on other bikes... very nice.

Thanks !

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
The sato rearsets fit both bikes. They look and fit great on my sf848 (i bought mine used from someone with the 1098) didn't have to bend or bang anything. I also got the shift arm when I bought mine. Took some time to get them fitted to where I wanted them, but that was just adjusting the settings. They are very simple to bolt on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sato rearsets fit both bikes. They look and fit great on my sf848 (i bought mine used from someone with the 1098) didn't have to bend or bang anything. I also got the shift arm when I bought mine. Took some time to get them fitted to where I wanted them, but that was just adjusting the settings. They are very simple to bolt on.
My Satos arrive tomorrow. AFter looking at them on the Sato site SATO RACING | DUCATI Streetfighter Rear Sets
I see that they have eight possible positions, all of which are higher and more forward than stock, the lowest position is 37.5mm higher than stock.
I'm thinking that will feel too high for me. Was that a big adjustment for you DuckDux ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's a very big difference. Most rearsets move the peg up and back. I have never hear of one that moves it forward. I have a set of eBay rearsets on my sf1098. They are great and have over 12 different adjustments. I have mine as low and forward as possible and they are about 2 cm from stock.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I'm fairly short 5'7", and have them at the lowest setting. They're pretty comfy for me, make it much easier to push myself around to shift weight. Everyone is different tho, you gotta get what works for you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the Rizomas and like them alot. I was debating between the Rizomas and LighTechs, but what sold me on the Rizomas was the adjustability, availability of replacement parts, they come with the cool Rizoma heel guards, come with everything needed for reverse shifting, and the pegs can be converted from folding to fixed with a single screw.

I had Rizomas on my S2R Monster. I went down twice on that bike and getting replacement parts was never an issue.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the Lightechs, they need to be shimmed slightly (just put washers between the rearsets and frame tabs) otherwise you'll have clearance issues. Pegs are a bit short but still offer heaps more grip than the rubbish stock ones.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I haven't decided between Rizoma, Sato,and Lightech. The majority of my other mods are Rizoma but I would like to confirm whether the exhaust heat shield has to be removed if I use the Rizoma rearsets. If anyone knows please advise?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've had rearsets on most of my sportbikes. I've owned a pait of Gilles, Attack, and even Vortex...all great products...I'm also familiar with Sato (on a friend's bike) and also very high build quality

I don't find the need for em on the SF primarily because I solved what bothered me the most, the slip and slide OEM pegs. I put a set of Rizoma pegs and tah dahh problem solved...well except for one detail...

not a huge fan of folding pegs and that was a pig reason why I like having rearsets on my bikes

with that said anyone out there find a way to make OEM or aftermarket pegs non folding? I'm thinking some kind of pin system...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes, the slipping on the oem pegs is a problem I would like to solve. I haven't looked at the Rizoma pegs but will check them out. Thanks.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've had rearsets on most of my sportbikes. I've owned a pait of Gilles, Attack, and even Vortex...all great products...I'm also familiar with Sato (on a friend's bike) and also very high build quality

I don't find the need for em on the SF primarily because I solved what bothered me the most, the slip and slide OEM pegs. I put a set of Rizoma pegs and tah dahh problem solved...well except for one detail...

not a huge fan of folding pegs and that was a pig reason why I like having rearsets on my bikes

with that said anyone out there find a way to make OEM or aftermarket pegs non folding? I'm thinking some kind of pin system...
I too went with the Rizoma pegs. Get the Rizoma brackets; you'll need them.

I love them. The folding pegs don't bother me so much.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I have the Gilles kit purchased from ST:
Hey Rick, that was exactly the ones I was thinking about. How do you like them? This is the only one, I think, that goes back to the stock position, correct? When did you get it from ST and how long did it take for them to ship it to you? I was thinking about it but the fact that they don't know when one will be available kind of put me off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts