Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for opinions on which rearsets offer the lowest most forward position for the 999 series bikes.....anyone ??

Cheers

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I have a pair of BCM rearsets. The bracket has more of a downward angle then OEM. The peg is eccentric so you can further adjust from there. Plus you can use your OEM heel guards which is a nice touch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Make sure there are parts available with the rear set you choose. I can't find any for my Arrow rear set. LighTech has everything available and easy to order. Driven D-Axis is easy to find stuff for too. Sucks having a $600 rear set that you can't find a set of pegs for.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one ??

So there is no one on this site with a XX9 series bike that can give some advice on lower rear sets ??? Guys.....a little help LOL !!!

Pleeeeaaaasssseeee !!!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Gilles?

Gilles rearsets have the most position adjustments I've seen on rearsets, but the peg can't be positioned any further formard than the limitation of the forward-most mounting hole. No additional eccentric adjustment...

-Drew

·
Registered
327 Posts
Woodcraft. They're meant for racing so they might not be low enough for you.

Also, I have a set of BCM that I took off and have been tyring to sell.

Maybe Screaming Eagle? hehe.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Cycle Cats have the most adjustability. If your looking to buy a pair I have a set that are perfect! Let me know

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
....the Cycle Cats are cool, Gilles too, but are way too expensive. IIRC you can't use you OEM heel guard on the CC, Gilles have their own. For the money....the BCM rearsets are pretty nice at about 1/2 the price. I even had a custom lengthened set of foot pegs made which give an extra 1"-1/2 over the stock BCM foot peg.
The guy that owned BCM is still selling them and he has loads in stock. I like the fact that you can use your OEM heel guards.
Go to "Best Ducati Parts" on Ebay....or PM me and I'll get you an Email.
Another alternative is to keep your OEM set up and buy a new set of aftermarket lengthened pegs. They bolt up to the OEM bracket and have a small bracket attached to the peg that adds length. IIRC SSR and Ducati Designs sells them.
You can't go too low otherwise your foot will be too low under your rear brake and shift lever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts