Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
first of all let me tell you that I find this forum extremely useful, been reading it for a while now. I have recently bought a sport 1000 mono, and obviously cannot resist to start spending some extra money on it. I am In Europe, Hungary, 34 years old and been riding for 15 years now. My previous one was an MV Agusta Brutale.

Coming back to the original question.. I really like the Acculign rearsets but not sure which model should I buy, and if I need the levers or not (that about 200 bucks difference). Also any idea of a cheap and reliable shop would be appreciated.I have seen that woodcraft is also making one but I am not sure about the adjustability and look of that. Aella, and Sato seem to be a bit too expensive.
I have already swapped te front forks to a s2r 1000, and bidding on 5 spoke Marchesinis. I just bought the Zard exhaust system. I am wiling to go to the track with the bike. So if anyone got a track fairing with a front fairing bracket which is not needed anymore I might be interested.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hi All,
first of all let me tell you that I find this forum extremely useful, been reading it for a while now. I have recently bought a sport 1000 mono, and obviously cannot resist to start spending some extra money on it. I am In Europe, Hungary, 34 years old and been riding for 15 years now. My previous one was an MV Agusta Brutale.

Coming back to the original question.. I really like the Acculign rearsets but not sure which model should I buy, and if I need the levers or not (that about 200 bucks difference). Also any idea of a cheap and reliable shop would be appreciated.I have seen that woodcraft is also making one but I am not sure about the adjustability and look of that. Aella, and Sato seem to be a bit too expensive.
I have already swapped te front forks to a s2r 1000, and bidding on 5 spoke Marchesinis. I just bought the Zard exhaust system. I am wiling to go to the track with the bike. So if anyone got a track fairing with a front fairing bracket which is not needed anymore I might be interested.
Post some pics bro! :)
I am using the Pazzo levers. I paid US $179.00 for the set. not bad. they looks awesome and are extremely comfy.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hi All,

for rearsets try swatt
very adjustable and strong

http://www.swattmotorcycle.com/

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome onboard Saab.
One, 1 single question. How the hell could you get yourself to sell a MV Brutale :confused::confused:
I mean this has been my ultimate dreambike (Ehh, one of), ever since I saw the first sketchings of it. But due to our totally insane taxes here in Denmark, it has just been a dream´:(

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey Lars,

aren't those very taxes paying for the wonderful social fabric that make Danes consistently the happiest people on earth ?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey Lars,

aren't those very taxes paying for the wonderful social fabric that make Danes consistently the happiest people on earth ?
One should think you were a Dane :D

But yes, we call it a "Welfare society" Just gimme' Cars'n'nBikes that cost what they cost without all those damn taxes. Then I have wellfare enough :D

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome onboard Saab.
One, 1 single question. How the hell could you get yourself to sell a MV Brutale :confused::confused:
I mean this has been my ultimate dreambike (Ehh, one of), ever since I saw the first sketchings of it. But due to our totally insane taxes here in Denmark, it has just been a dream´:(
I didnt really wanted to sell it but there was this guy who fell in love with my bike and desparately wanted to buy it. And as there is this global recession, and selling anything is pretty difficult nowdays ,I decided to accept his offer.

In addition to that there is a V2 cup here and I am planning to give it a try with the sportclassic.
Pics will come as soon as I bring it back from the dealer, because they are upgrading my suspension at the moment.

·
Registered
203 Posts
When one considers the Danish propensity for rape and pillage not so many centuries ago, it may well be that in the dim and distant past I am actually descended from a Dane !

Seriously though, consider the price of a 2009 SCs as offered by these people...http://www.motorapido.co.uk/prices.php

and the same vehicle being offered 22 miles away by these people ...http://www.ducati.com/od/ducatifrance/fr/bikes/family.jhtml?family=1081

Thats more than 35% difference
Peanuts, those prices are for beancounters :D

I payed, now hold on........ 25756,- EURO for my Sport Classic Biposto, but then it was also new :eek:
The new Duc 1198 cost 45034,- Euro. And the S model 58220,- Euro.
Well you could always buy a 08 1098 at a reduced price for only 38903,- Euro.
Dont even think what the R model cost, but no one here pay the tax on'em = No-Numberplate. But only buying them as collection or as a track bike.

So yes all those taxes is going to make us Danes consistently the happiest people on earth :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I didnt really wanted to sell it but there was this guy who fell in love with my bike and desparately wanted to buy it. And as there is this global recession, and selling anything is pretty difficult nowdays ,I decided to accept his offer.

In addition to that there is a V2 cup here and I am planning to give it a try with the sportclassic.
Pics will come as soon as I bring it back from the dealer, because they are upgrading my suspension at the moment.
Okay on that way. I forgive you ;)

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
When one considers the Danish propensity for rape and pillage not so many centuries ago, it may well be that in the dim and distant past I am actually descended from a Dane !
Pretty friggin' unbelievable that tiny little country once ruled all of Northern Europe. I don't think many people in the U.S. ever learned that. His descendants must have been some very bad ass dudes.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I really like the Acculign rearsets but not sure which model should I buy, and if I need the levers or not (that about 200 bucks difference). .
We used the Acculign Rearsets: Ducati Sport Classic on our project bike.
I like reverse shift so I used the MW Billet Angled Reverse Shift Lever. Acculign makes some of the nicest levers I have seen but you can still use your original brake lever - I did. You can use your original shift lever too if you prefer standard shift.

-M

1 - 12 of 12 Posts