Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I have heard that there might be a misprint in the work shop manual regarding the rear wheel nut torque.

Can anyone confirm that and if so what should the right torque then be?

Merry Christmas

Moller

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I second that, the quoted torque for the rear wheel nut is way too high - I believe that the Monster using the same thread and nut size is quoted at 82 nm.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Hello All

I have heard that there might be a misprint in the work shop manual regarding the rear wheel nut torque.

Can anyone confirm that and if so what should the right torque then be?

Merry Christmas

Moller
What bike?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Slovedive

.....could the high torque of 150Nm be because the fact that the PS only is equipped with one rear damper????

The Monsters have two dampers......

.....just a thought.

Anyway, if 75Nm is enough then 75 it is.

......but each of my wheel bolts on my car is torqued with 100 to 110 Nm. And there is 5 per wheel....

Ciaooo

Moller

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
So, if the retaining nut for wheels on single-sided swingarms is not torqued to Ducati’s specification there is insufficient frictional force developed in the connection to prevent the wheel from rotation about its axle, causing progressive damage to the locating pins and impact ovalization of the mating locating holes. See below for damage to a 916 wheel and axle.
Good info but the Sport Classics are dual sided swing arms?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts