Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i took my rear wheel off due to a collapsed wheel bearing and i was wondering if anybody had a diagram or info on how and where the spacers go when putting it back together?? I have arranged it as i took it apart but to me it dosent seem right :confused::confused:

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Be sure the left side spacer next to the swingarm is in the right way, or the wheel won't turn :eek:! Narrow OD goes against the bearing.

·
Registered
506 Posts
My mechanic should see this thread...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just did my rear bearings on a 99 ss900ie.
on the spindle. starting at the chain / sprocket side.
Nut, adjuster block, (smaller side towards center) swing arm, spacer, (beveled smaller diameter side towards center ) bearing sprocket carrier (circlip, bearing, bearing, tube spacer) wheel bearing, spacer (the notches for knocking it out were on the brake disk side of the wheel) wheel bearing, brack caliper hanger, swing arm, adjuster block, nut.
I was supprised to see nothing between the brake caliper hanger and the bearing.... maybe somebody can answer that ?

Bearings took around 90 mins to change, 1st time I did it on this bike and I was in no rush. a good paddock stand would help and be sure to leave all 4 new bearings in the freezer overnight. make them a doddle to fit, just the lightest tap from a small hammer required. (34mm socket had the same dia as the bearings outer race and was really good for tapping them back into place)

hope this helps and Good luck :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts