Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Would appreciate help with a little problem that has me stumped for the moment. I have a 95 900cr with the wheels, tires, and spindles added from my old 92 750ss. I didn't do the swap and this is the first time I've taken off the rear wheel on this bike for a tire change. When I remounted the wheel and tightened the axle nut the wheel locked solid. The wheel turns freely when the axle nut is not tight so maybe I'm pinching against a wheel bearing? Right to left I have: spindle, axle securing plate, brake caliper mounting assembly, wheel, left sprocket side spacer mounted shiny rounded side out (is that correct by the way?), axle securing plate and screw in axle nut. Is there another spacer on the right brake caliper side? Am I missing something?:think: Your thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Kaput

·
Registered
692 Posts
Rear wheel...

I bet that you mounted the left rear spacer (conical) inverted!!!:rolleyes: Even though it seems natural to install it that way... just remove slightly the axle in order to drop the conical spacer, flip it and push the axle again and re-torque! Good luck!

Try that and let me know...:D

Vickon:abduct:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts