Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently my rear wheel has been making a noticeable noise from the wheel at each rotation. I can only notice it at low speeds, higher speeds I can't hear it. But with the wheel up on the rear stand and the axle just a bit tighter than than hand tight, not near the torque spec, I can see feel it being harder to rotate at the same point of rotation for about 30 degrees. Could this possible mean I am in need of some new wheel bearings? :think:

·
Registered
208 Posts
To be sure I'd get the chain off the sprocket and spin it; sprocket wear can do some oddball things. If you get a tightening or noise with the chain off then I'd agree that it's time for some new wheel bearings.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Senior Italophile
867 Posts
So recently my rear wheel has been making a noticeable noise from the wheel at each rotation. I can only notice it at low speeds, higher speeds I can't hear it. But with the wheel up on the rear stand and the axle just a bit tighter than than hand tight, not near the torque spec, I can see feel it being harder to rotate at the same point of rotation for about 30 degrees. Could this possible mean I am in need of some new wheel bearings? :think:
Ensure that the rear stand is not comming in contact with the sprocket, rotor, chain, or sprocket bolts. some stands will do this. also ensure that the chain is not too tight. most sprocket combo's are not perfectlly round you must ensure that there is enough slack in the chain to compensate for all of the variables that happen to the chain tension during riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts