Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys!
first time to post :D -
I'm trying to Powder Coat the rims off my 2001 750 SS - however the back rim has 6 bushings in it that I can't seem to remove - I have taken the rim to two dealerships (one being Ducati) and neither place could remove these bushings - :think:
anyone have an idea how I can remove these, the real name of these bushings and where I can buy new ones if (when) I ruin these ones trying to get them out? :confused:
thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I made A puller for about $12-15 bucks. Works like a charm. If your interested, PM me, I'll send some pics and directions to make one, OR you could borrow it if you ask nicely...

BTW they are called "Cush drive bushings" or something to that effect, can be gotten at your local dealership. I paid about a hundred bucks when I replaced all six last year.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can use a plumbers torch or a heat gun and carefully heat the wheel around the cushes and then they either fall out or they can be tapped lightly out from the opposite side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Guys -
thanks for the answers! The ducati shop tried heating and tapping these bushings (actually beating the snot out of them) - they were stubborn, so they made the puller and tried with that - Man o Man, they didn't want to come out - they finally took a Rotozip tool and carefully cut them out - they were nice and gave me the Bushings for price to replace them at 8 bucks each -
all in all, they charged me $200 bucks to get the rims apart - O well, Next time I'll take Jules3 up on his offer and try it on my own!
the wheels are now getting powder coated, should be done in about a week -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts