Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most I've used the alignment marks on my swingarm to insure proper rear tire alignment. My swingarm is funny shaped on the right side (PS1000) so an easy tape measurement to the end of the axle pin isn't 100% I don't think.
I show a difference (from right side to left side) in the measurement to the swingarm axle pin the the center of the rear axle. The difference is almost 5mm; thats quite a bit, keep in mind the marks shown on the swingarm are lined up and equal. I'm a bit concerned.

I know that many bikes have markings that are off, I'm worried I'm more than a little off. Has anyone with this type of swing arm noticed a difference?

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I used the algnment marks because I was in a rush and wore out my sprocket prematurely.

RHINOMOTO Axle Alignment Gauge makes a nice axle alignment gauge that is easy to use. Tape measure works too. I should have taken the time to use one or the other...

-M

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
mine line up perfect, no issues. I have heard of some saying the lines are not the same. buy a alignment tool if you are worried. you can also make a measurement from further up the bike. Some place you know is equal on either side of the bike.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts