Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace a rear turn signal that has a broken stalk from a previous owner tip over. My question is, if I purchase a new signal, will the wires be long enough to go through the pannier bracket? When looking at the parts fiche there is only one signal option. I know that I can do the short signal mod, but I would rather go back to the pannier bracket location because I will always have the bags on this bike. I have a hypermotard when I get the urge to play around!

Thanks,
Rick

·
Mr Leakered
8,944 Posts
Rick,

Are the wires broken or just the stalk? I believe desmotimes.com still has short, OEM style stalks. All you have to do is transfer over the internals.

I'm a fan of the original position with bags mounted for visibility. It's not the prettiest with bags off, but...

Have a good one.

·
Registered
06' ST3
437 Posts
Rick,
I just recently replaced both rear signals on my ST3 with new OEM ones and the wires fit perfectly through the pannier bracket, just like they should. It was a breeze. Just feed the wires down through the bracket and when you see the quick disconnect tips at the exit hole, use some needle nose pliers to grab and pull them through.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tony,
Just the stalk is broken. I looked on the Desmo Times site but did not see any signal stalks, maybe I overlooked them.

Steve,

It is good to know that the oem signals will work. I was thinking that the wires would be made for the stock fender location and would not be long enough. At least it looks like I have some options!

Thanks Guys,
Rick

·
Mr Leakered
8,944 Posts
Bummer. I just looked also and didn't see them. Sorry.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
There are LOADS on eBay.....
DUCATI REAR INDICATOR UNIT | eBay
for example.

I bought a couple of really nice aftermarket ones, a bit more up-to-date, and fixed them to the number plate hanger.
I left the original OEM ones all connected to the racks with the wires threaded through the metal work. Its not often that i use the bags and racks so mostly ride with the whole assembly off, and the new smaller indicators look better i think. If i decide i need the bags back on, then its a fairly simple 15-min job of just unscrewing the new indicators from the number plate hanger, disconnecting the 'push-type' connectors, and then just fixing the pannier racks back on and re-connecting the OEM indicators.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts