Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of big bulkly turn signal or the integerated lights i wanted to try something a little off. Let me know what you think

Attachments

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Not a bad idea, probably more legal than what I did to my 996 and the 999R I am posting right now, the yellow arrow to the left is brighter than this photo is showing, very hard to catch it blinking with a camera. Even though the 999 series came with small blinkers, I had to get rid of them, and of course, I dont run plates on any of my bikes
[/IMG]

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet bike, or bikes

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Chuckracer said:
Eh...ok, I'll bite: how does that work?
I dont bother putting them on, they ruin the looks of the bikes. Plus it makes it hard for you to be identified, at least with the R1, the xerox does stand out in the crowd. See, dont they look better with no plates

[/IMG]

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
last blast. so very good to hear you don't run you LP's. i moved mine and integrated turn signals (posted on this site somewhere) but was looking at my 748 yesterday and thought, "do i really need that there."

problem that holds me up is my bike is my only vehicle, and i commute everywhere everyday and figure the potentiality of a police cop getting me is higher......and i don't like police cops.

Az-search the site for my post on the LP the title "is my time worth it", it was an easy job and moved and makes the LP look mostly gone. not that you didn't do a good job.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You guys in the US are lucky. Here in the UK you get fined (i know) if the number plate is a bit small or uses a different letter font. No plate at all would be suicide................
Neil
(almost legal)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
dunlop0_1 said:
You guys in the US are lucky. Here in the UK you get fined (i know) if the number plate is a bit small or uses a different letter font. No plate at all would be suicide................
Neil
(almost legal)
It's not legal her either, I just have never been caught. I have not had a plate on my R1 in over 3 Years, and I do keep them all registered and insured

·
Registered
184 Posts
lastblast said:
I dont bother putting them on, they ruin the looks of the bikes. Plus it makes it hard for you to be identified, at least with the R1, the xerox does stand out in the crowd. See, dont they look better with no plates

[/IMG]

I dont get it you don't run plates to make it look better but you still have the mirros on,

·
Registered
96 Posts
Around here you get nailed with no plate, your walking home. Even if it's registered and insured. Then you will get blamed for every possible recent incident with a "red bike".

They don't screw around anymore where I live, too many squids pissing off the cops so everyone suffers.

·
Registered
304 Posts
AzCamel said:
Instead of big bulkly turn signal or the integerated lights i wanted to try something a little off. Let me know what you think
what exactly did you do to your bike? the pics are kind of dark.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
racedfila749 said:
I dont get it you don't run plates to make it look better but you still have the mirros on,
Probably because I actually use the mirrors to see what is going on behind me.

·
comrade moderator
26,847 Posts
Yeah, you wouldn't get very far with no plate in Arizona, either. You would get popped and they would impound the bike. Personally, that's not worth it for looking cool. But your priorities may vary.

·
Registered
304 Posts
lastblast said:
Probably because I actually use the mirrors to see what is going on behind me.
your kidding about using ducati mirrors to look behind you, righ? :)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
deputydog95 said:
your kidding about using ducati mirrors to look behind you, righ? :)
lol, No, I adapted, and I do have broad shoulders. So far the 999 series is the worst, but I got used to it, have too, they are the eyes in back of my head, my ticket savers

·
Registered
23 Posts
lastblast said:

[/IMG]
that my friend, is a beautiful sight... 3 slick looking toys... must be a hard choice for ya on sunday mornings...

D

·
Registered
19 Posts
My rear turn signal alternative . . .

Not sure if anyone else has done this, but I've cleaned up my rear turn signal situation a couple of years ago. The great news is . . . you don't need to buy anything. I used the existing stock setup to integrate my turnsignals into the rear taillight assembly.

I stripped off the stem housing for each side so that I only had the jacketed wiring and bulb. I had to do some rerouting and tucking and now each turnsignal bulb is included in each rear taillight 'square'.

Essentially, there are 2 bulbs per square now and it works fabulously. The best part is . . . NO ADDITIONAL COST!! It looks very clean too.

If anyone would like a detailed breakdown adn pictures, let me know.

Phil

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
dallasG said:
that my friend, is a beautiful sight... 3 slick looking toys... must be a hard choice for ya on sunday mornings...

D
This shot is better, all of these have had the turnsignals relocated in one way or another, So far its hardest not to ride the Xerox
[/IMG]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts