Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strapped for cash right now and i would like to keep tires same brand as anyone should but, my current rear will comfortably last 6 more times out.

I currently have a Metzeler M3, front and rear. I have no complaints out of them, they were atleast a good third the way worn on the bike when I bought it and I have put 5k on them. Held up pretty damn well if you ask me.

I ride for the most part straight roads (just how Iowa is), but when I get some good corners in front of me I like to take them hard. So I basically need something that has good life on the centers and something that wont let me down when I do take a corner nice and hard.

I wouldn't mind having a sport touring tire on mine, although I know I will hate how it looks, I dont really care as long as it does just what I need it to.

I would just pick up another M3, but it seems its just about the most expensive 180/55-17 out there. Michelin PP's are cheaper, so are Diablos.

Any advice is appreciated,

Thanks guys

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the 170/60 are cheaper.
By $10, and 180 is whats on it already.

Update, I started checking out Metzeler M1's and they seem decent too, and cheaper. but the reviews I see say they don't get much mileage out of them...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts