Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strapped for cash right now and i would like to keep tires same brand as anyone should but, my current rear will comfortably last 6 more times out.

I currently have a Metzeler M3, front and rear. I have no complaints out of them, they were atleast a good third the way worn on the bike when I bought it and I have put 5k on them. Held up pretty damn well if you ask me.

I ride for the most part straight roads (just how Iowa is), but when I get some good corners in front of me I like to take them hard. So I basically need something that has good life on the centers and something that wont let me down when I do take a corner nice and hard.

I wouldn't mind having a sport touring tire on mine, although I know I will hate how it looks, I dont really care as long as it does just what I need it to.

I would just pick up another M3, but it seems its just about the most expensive 180/55-17 out there. Michelin PP's are cheaper, so are Diablos.

Any advice is appreciated,

Thanks guys

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the 170/60 are cheaper.
By $10, and 180 is whats on it already.

Update, I started checking out Metzeler M1's and they seem decent too, and cheaper. but the reviews I see say they don't get much mileage out of them...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I run 180/55-17 M1's on my bandit. They look fine as far as coolness maybe a 8 out of 10 on that. the wear is really good ill give them about a 9 out of 10. and in the corners they hold really well, 9 out of 10.

I just had tires put on my duc last week and i got PP 180/55-17 in the rear and stock size in the front. But wow when i got that bill... $505 for both tires mounting and balanced and everything else that they charge. But so far there the best tires ive had.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Me and my buddy just put a set of the Michelin Pilot Power dual compound (2CT) tires on both of our bikes. We both have only put about 1000 miles on them but they grip and look great. The centers of the tires are supposed to be made out of a harder rubber compound to last longer. Time will tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts