Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you know what site i can go to find the tools i need to buy to remove the back tire on a 07-st3.:)

·
Registered
523 Posts
To remove the wheel/tire combo from the bike doesn't take any special tools. Bike goes up on the center stand You need to remove the brake caliper first. A 30mm socket is needed to remove the nut on the right side of the axle. Undo the two adjuster bolts at the ends of the swingarm. Only need to turn them out one or two complete turns. The axle then slides out to the left. You have to support the wheel as the axle comes out. Roll it forward and remove the chain and the wheel should roll right out the back. Make sure you get the spacer on the left side. You don't want to lose it. Also, the flat side will always go to the left against the swingarm when you put everything back together. Do a search and you'll find several posts about adjusting the chain tension at the end. Many of us recommend that you get a copy of the factory manuals on disk from the dealer and also a copy of the Desmodue book that LT at Desmo Times sells. Both are useful in their own way.

Of course if your question related to tire changing then I just wasted a few minutes of your time.......:)
Bill W.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you brothers,how many pounds does the nut need to torque it down?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts