Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

What stands are you using for your MTS1260? I am looking for a rear stand for mine, so I went to pit bull stands, and they say this about their Multistrada stand: Will fit Ducati Panigale V4 but will not lift it high enough for use of tire warmers at this time. Not a good fit on the Multistrada 1260 due to tire profile height.

So if you are using something besides the center stand to lift the rear wheel, what are you using?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Another vote for Pit Bull, thought I hardly ever use it since I've got a center stand.

Pit Bull is quality stuff, they even hold their value fairly well on the resale market. Hard to go wrong.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I'd like to have a rear stand for doing chain adjustments since using the side stand on my HF lift makes the whole assembly tippy.

I've always heard good things about Pit Bull and went to their website to simply buy one, until I saw their disclaimer:

"Not a good fit on the Multistrada 1260 due to tire profile height."

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 1260 PP is sitting on a Pit Bull stand right now, with a fresh 190/55 PR5 mounted, there's 3" clearance from tire to floor. There's not a lot of clearance (+/- 3/4") between the tire and the cross piece of the stand (the part with the wheels at each end) so a warmer probably wouldn't fit. I'm not really sure why they've got that note on the website, but I've got no problem using the stand on my bike.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The tire warmer comment applies for the larger 200/60 on the Panigale V4.
I'm not really sure why they've got that note on the website either.
No issues whatsoever with plenty of clearance on my Multi 1260.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts