Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched on this and came up with just one thread.

My pit bull and others can go wide enough for the axle slider/spools but the swingarm gets in the way of the other end of the stand (if that makes sense).

Do you just use the bumpers on a pit bull under the swingarm?

thanks! Jack

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Pit Bull makes a specific set of triple rollers that go under the rear of the swingarm (the fat round tubes). The end roller should be against the end of the swingarm while the other two are underneath it.

Also, to make it easier to lift it with the Pit Bull, put a 2x4 under the kickstand to make the bike almost level.

Hope this helps :)

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pit Bull makes a specific set of triple rollers that go under the rear of the swingarm (the fat round tubes). The end roller should be against the end of the swingarm while the other two are underneath it.

Also, to make it easier to lift it with the Pit Bull, put a 2x4 under the kickstand to make the bike almost level.

Hope this helps :)

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Found it, many thanks..JH

·
Registered
257 Posts
I bought this set. Biketek Motorcycle Front and Rear Stands Sets - Motorcycle Stands - Fly-N-Cycle. The rear works fine although you might want to rethink the padding and bend the cradles a bit as I did. For the front, I use a piece of 5/8" steel (turned down a bit to make it easier) right through the stand and axle. Fine for service and cleaning. Using this technique, you can bring the bike off the side stand and onto the front stand by yourself...cleanly and safely!! Then lift the rear. I have used their adapters to pull the front wheel but it is a little scary as are most......I might use an engine hoist to hold the front up next time. Apologies for the poor photo quality. I'll shoot some with a real camera soon!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Kind of related, anyone know how much the NCR spools cost and where to get them? It's NCR so I kind of assume 2-3x the highest "reasonable" price I can imagine...

·
Registered
57 Posts
On my Paul Smart, I insert a two foot length of 5/8 inch steel bar thru the axle and use a conventional rear stand, gaining lifting points where the bar protrudes from the hollow axle on each side. This is very solid, avoiding any slipping or damage to the paint.

When I need to lift the bike to change a tire front or rear, I lift the bike with a $65 electric winch bolted to the ceiling joists.

Ciao,
Dick

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I use a Ducati Performance rear paddock stand for the Sport 1000 which has rubber brackets the correct width to support the swingarm on both sides. I don't have any pics, but it's nothing special (though it works :)).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Purchase the Pitbull specific stand for the SC and you will appreciate the ease, let alone the peace of mind while working on it.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I use a Ducati Performance rear paddock stand for the Sport 1000 which has rubber brackets the correct width to support the swingarm on both sides. I don't have any pics, but it's nothing special (though it works :)).
I have the DP stand as well and don't really like it. With the asymmetric swingarm its too easy for the right side to slip forward and then the bike tilts :eek:

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I have the DP stand as well and don't really like it. With the asymmetric swingarm its too easy for the right side to slip forward and then the bike tilts :eek:
I haven't had that issue, but I don't have it on the stand unless I am lubing the chain which doesn't result in much force or movement of the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts