Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Rear stand question

1321 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  shawngibson
I have a FG Moto rearstand that I bought for my 996. I now have a Streetfighter and the spindle is too small for it. The spindle is interchangeable and I am hoping to find out where I can buy the appropriate sized spindle. Unfortunately the dealer where I bought it is out of business and I can't find a website for FG Moto. Anyone have any info it would be appreciated. TIA
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The spindle you need is for SF, 1198 and 1098 (very early 1098 have another axle, even bigger...in fact the same size as MV agusta).
If duc doesn't want to sell you only the spindle, post a pic of yours here....someone will find a solution ;)
Thanks for the tip. I'll be back at my new Ducati dealer in a few weeks so I'll see what I can find out.

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had my spindle turned on a lathe to fit the streetfighter.
I'm not a machinist so can turning it on a lathe increase the diameter?
I did find the website but it's only in Italian with no English option. There were no spindle replacements on the site.

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I think my solution is to get some Speedymoto rear axle sliders and use a pit bull or the like spool stand. Not the cheapest way to go but would add the protection in case of a tipover. And if I mount them my FG won't insert .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.