Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lowsided my track bike which has an 848 swingarm. Ended up with some minor scraping of the nut that holds the sprocket carrier on. I purchased this speedy moto crash bobbin set for the rear axle then realized... I can't use the rear stand if that axle hole is occupied! (Duh)...

Does anyone have any remedy for this? I run Dunlop q4 tires without warmers so it's not a huge deal except for storage and transportation. I would prefer to not take out the crash protection all the time to move and store the bike.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
I have those sliders and use a normal Pit Bull stand that fits the spools put on other bikes for that purpose.
Works great as long as you are not removing the wheel.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have those sliders and use a normal Pit Bull stand that fits the spools put on other bikes for that purpose.
Works great as long as you are not removing the wheel.
Sweet. I'll just borrow the stand from v2 Aprilia then. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
The Monster is better than those. Better then the VFR800 and better than all the other bikes I've had before that.
Not that the others were bad, not at all.

Carry on, ride safe. :cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I’ve got an 1199– I wanted rear hub crash protection but still wanted to use my PitBull SS rear stand.

Sato makes a delrin slider that goes through the rear hub and has an opening on the left side to allow the small -001 PitBull hub pin to be used. I’ve had it on my bike for a couple weeks.

I think Rizoma also makes a pin-compatible rear slider for Ducati as well.

Good luck!
Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
I switched to using my Bursig when I have the sliders in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts