Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pit bull rear stand that I thought would work. However, the fact that the swingarm is round precludes this stand from working. Anyone know of or use a stand that will work?

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Ducati lists a stand on their web site for the Sport Classic series. (SKU code #96748306B) I've asked my dealer about it but he can't tell me anything. You're right, because of the round swing arms not just any stand will do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rear Stand For PS1000

My ducati dealer referred me to a FG special Parts stand part number C09

It looks like a basic stand with the rubber clamps that tightens against the swing arm.

Their website is in Italian but easy to navigate.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I heard that PitBull now makes a rear stand for the Sport Classics. They also sell the top supports separately if you already have one of their rear stands. I think the top supports only are about $25. The top support is part number
F0061-001. It's not yet listed on their website, so call them at 877-533-1977. I'll get around to ordering one at some point.

·
ROF
686 Posts
I just got mine directly from Pit Bull and it works great. Call Pit Bull at 877.533.1977 and ask for George. They have just started shipping last week. If you already have the stardard two arm rear fork type you may be able to just purchase the top parts which I think are about $25. Talk to George.

I can send you a photo if you like.......

Phil

dale6262 said:
I bought a pit bull rear stand that I thought would work. However, the fact that the swingarm is round precludes this stand from working. Anyone know of or use a stand that will work?

·
ROF
686 Posts
geospencer said:
How does it work? In other words, is it easy to use? Can you put your bike on and off the stand by yourself?
Very easy to use.... BUT I have a little help at the front from a Baxley Sport Chock. I have not tried this stand by myself. I need to find someone to "spot" me the first time or two.
Phil

PS, goto: http://www.baxleycompanies.com/Videos.html
and check out the videos related to the Baxley Sport Chock especially the one witht the rear stand. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Reducs said:
Here is the rear stand for it. $126 at AMS. http://www.advancedmotorsports.com/

I bought one of these also; it gave me a great surprise the other morning. See the first attached pic; this is what I woke up to! :eek:

The second pic shows how far the rubber brackets had slid up the swingarm. If not for the exhaust stopping the movement of the stand, the bike would have completely tipped over, taking out my other bike as well. :mad:

So, I suggest that if you use this stand to adjust your chain for example, where it needs to be positioned ahead of the axle nut, relocate it behind the axle nut for long term support. The axle brackets will then prevent the rubber brackets from sliding up the curved swingarm.

Maybe this is obvious to others; it wasn't at first to me....

bill

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Duc2v said:
I bought one of these also; it gave me a great surprise the other morning. See the first attached pic; this is what I woke up to! :eek:

The second pic shows how far the rubber brackets had slid up the swingarm. If not for the exhaust stopping the movement of the stand, the bike would have completely tipped over, taking out my other bike as well. :mad:

So, I suggest that if you use this stand to adjust your chain for example, where it needs to be positioned ahead of the axle nut, relocate it behind the axle nut for long term support. The axle brackets will then prevent the rubber brackets from sliding up the curved swingarm.

Maybe this is obvious to others; it wasn't at first to me....

bill
That’s scary! :eek: So for long term storage you are suggesting that you position the stand behind the behind the axel nut?

·
Registered
375 Posts
It hurts to think how close that was to *)%^*@^!!!:eek:

BUT, it's good for all of us it happened that way. If it HAD fallen all the way over, you'd be upset, and we'd all be mystified as to what/who caused it to fall over. This way, it's a warning to all.

So... I'm sorry you had a heart attack, but thank you for sharing the story! I learned something. Isn't that what this group is all about?

·
Registered
42 Posts
geospencer said:
That’s scary! :eek: So for long term storage you are suggesting that you position the stand behind the behind the axel nut?
Yep.
That's how I have it now; rubber brackets behind axle nut. The nut stops any sliding of the rubber brackets.
Goofy design!

·
Registered
310 Posts
That's what I've been afraid of! :eek: I already had a Pit Bull Rear Stand and bought the top supports for the Sport Classic line, and just put it all together yesterday. Right now the bike is up on the back and front (standard Pit Bull Front Stand w/#2 pin), just to see if it all works, but maybe I should take it off :think: and get it back on the ground before it finds its way there on its own. It all does work, but I don't like the look of the rear at all. As for moving behind the axle nut: the Pit Bull top supports have these "wings" that come up, I quess for keeping the bike from moving laterally, and they hit the axle nut before you can get underneath it. Definitely a wierd design! :confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts