Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im im need of a new sprocket and chain for my 14 848 sf. I honestly dont want to spend $270 CDN on just a rear sprocket. Looking at aftermarket solutions i only found ones that you have to get a quick replace carrier to make them fit. Which in the end is still close to or more then $200. Are theyre any companies that make sprockets that fit the oem carrier. Or am i stuck with bitting the bullet for my first sprocket change.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So does anyone know where the best place is for me to buy these sprockets in canada?

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya so I basically still ended up ordering it from sprocket center in the states and just bringing it over..

So im a little stuck. I don't know if this is how it should be but it doesn't seem right. The OEM sprocket will sit flush around the center hub and the bushings but this superlite one sits flush on
the bushings but has about a 5mm gap in the center. there is no real play in it except for the bushings give way too, but is there something im missing? This was the sprocket specifically for
my bike.

Sorry pics abit blurry.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alloy sprockets are only really useful for the little amount of inertial mass they save over steel. In almost most cases you will never feel it nor take advantage of it on the road, pretty much
only useful for race bikes or I guess hard core track day riders. They wear out considerably faster, so the wear to weight saving ratio is not worth it, unless every tenth counts. (ie track).
If you couldn't care less about spending more money and more frequently on alloy sprockets, go for it. One other thing I guess is that they come in different colours...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts