Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed I have some slight side to side free-play on the rear sprocket; not unlike the side to side chain movement free play on the sprocket. Due to the nature of the single sided swing arm and cush drive, I can assume some side to side free play is acceptable? How much is too much? Or should it have no movement at all? :eek:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Yeah mine wiggles a little bit since day 1. It's normal. But if it's wiggling more than 1/4" at the tooth or clunking you might have a problem.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah mine wiggles a little bit since day 1. It's normal. But if it's wiggling more than 1/4" at the tooth or clunking you might have a problem.
Mine wiggles less than 1/8" Is that within the normal tolerance? I bought this bike brand new in 2008 and this is the first time I noticed this! :surprise:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I picked up my 08 winter of 09. Only about 6800 miles on her now but i needed my cush drives replaced last spring. I never noticed it but my mechanic caught it. I bring it to him every other year, glad i did. There is zero play now.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Zero is best, not sure why a single sided swingarm should have more tolerance? This is a factor on bicycles too, and some are much better than others which is very noticeable on power strokes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts