Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so the whole back end of my bike is apart trying to install soloseat and integrated rear/signals LED thing (no idea what the brand is, it's not listed in my bill - transparent LEDs go red with brake, and yellow/orange when the appropriate signal is switched, ie on that side while the other side stays red).

The kit has the proper connector for the brakelight (I already tested, it works), but other than that the kit only has one yellow and one blue wire each with a metal tip, while my 1098 has a bona-fide plastic tipped connecton for each turnsignal.

Each turnsignal has 2 wires in the connector, so am I supposed to splice this thing (the oem connector) and solder it to ONE of the wires on each side (i.e. blue for one side, yellow for the other)? Which one LOL? I can figure out the left/right obviously by trial and error, but of the two wires on each signal, which one do I use?

I seriously suck when there are no instructions provided lol...

Geesh.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This did the trick...different product & wires...but it was enough:)

http://www.ducati.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5670&page=2

Now if I could find the mother-of-all-long allen keys I could actually take the stupid rear fender/plate/turnsignal holder off and put the plate back on with a coathanger (for now...).

So off to Crappy Tire tomorrow...in a cab LOL!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts