Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
ROF
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone found rear sets for the PS1000LE/SPORT1000?

Tried the Ducati Ergal footpegs kit (96601698B) and they don't fit!
They were not made for these bikes and it appears to me that NO ONE at Ducati took the time to see if they actually would work on a PS1000LE/SPORT1000.

I much appreciate my dealer going to bat on this issue so I would NOT be hit with a restocking charge.

Trust me on this topic and trust the ding on my right side swing arm!

LSL says they are not going to make rear sets for the SportClassics as per the folks at Spiegler Performance Parts

Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bumping this thread from the dead.

Did anyone else try the Ducati Ergal footpegs kit (96601698B)? Just wondering if there are some pictures floating around of them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Call up Swatt and ask for Bill. I talked to him a couple of weeks ago and he said he was working on one. It should be just about ready.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Swatt, Sato (Dan Kyle Racing), and Woodcraft all make rearsets for the Sport Classics. All of them make quality products, and all give great service. Also, PAKBikes (a site sponsor here) offers the exquisite Casuno rearsets - like little pieces of jewelry. There are plenty of options such that you don't have to pay top dollar for the DP name.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Swatt, Sato (Dan Kyle Racing), and Woodcraft all make rearsets for the Sport Classics. All of them make quality products, and all give great service. Also, PAKBikes (a site sponsor here) offers the exquisite Casuno rearsets - like little pieces of jewelry. There are plenty of options such that you don't have to pay top dollar for the DP name.
Just an FYI to those that don't know, BLACKBIRDXX and PAKBikes are both the same guy.:D

·
Registered
649 Posts
Aella Casuno rearsets from Phil at PAK bikes now...and on his PS currently as well as my ThunderDuc racebike.

Here's some pics:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Just an FYI to those that don't know, BLACKBIRDXX and PAKBikes are both the same guy.:D
Good thing I remembered to include the Casunos at the last minute!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I checked out all those sites and couldn't find anything that works with the '07 1000S. I've been very interested in a set of adjustable rear sets and would love to see some.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
There are none available because the bike has pillion foot rests and any rear set needs to solve the big black triangle / rear footrest problem. Wasp and myself are both working on our own ideas. I am using Sato rear sets and am making a rear exhaust hanger bracket (no rear passenger footrest). Progress for me is slow because the bike is having other work done to it at the moment. Try pm'ing the Wasp and asking him how he is doing; he is probably close to having something :think:

·
Registered
189 Posts
There are plenty of options such that you don't have to pay top dollar for the DP name.
I realize there are plenty of options, I was just wondering if anyone had pictures of the DP rearsets installed.

That was the reasoning for bumping this thread.

·
Registered
642 Posts
http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=17749

There website shows these fit Ducati 620- 1000SS 99 + also, if you find another brand that fit these earlier bikes you just need to space them out a bit to fit a 1000s. The Woodcraft come with extra spacers for the SCs. These are more "functional" than beautiful, but the price is reasonable.

I just have the rearsets not the linkages. It does come with a longer shift rod, though. I flipped my shifter over for GP shift.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks again for all your responses. I already have a set of Acculigns on my Paul Smart but I was just wondering what the DP version looked like.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That looks awesome! Do you have any shots of the same sets on a 1000S? My setup is a little different than the SC.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks Jim for the pic. I knew you'd rise to the challenge.

Those rearsets look a look like the NCR titanium ones but in aluminium. Hmmm... tasty.

·
Banned
2,916 Posts

one of the nicest sport 1000 so far.
correct choice of tail-light, nothing
of that led scum, that won't fit those
bikes at all, no gay mirrows also,
no visible rizoma bullshit, just a plain,
proper motorcycle.

gets my vote 100% :cool:

·
Registered
189 Posts
I agree. That is one sharp purposeful looking Sport 1000. I'm attempting to build my PS1000 in a similar fashion.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Aella Casuno rearsets from Phil at PAK bikes now...and on his PS currently as well as my ThunderDuc racebike.

Here's some pics:)
Any idea how much those are selling for at the moment?

Also, can you get the Acculign rearsets in black, or would I have to p/c them?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts