Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a yellow 1098 and the rubber pad behind the seat fell off! I got home from a great ride and looked back and....what the hell. My little pad is missing. Anyone experience this? Its the weirdest thing. Never dropped or wrecked or anything like that. Let me know.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hey guys. I have a yellow 1098 and the rubber pad behind the seat fell off! I got home from a great ride and looked back and....what the hell. My little pad is missing. Anyone experience this? Its the weirdest thing. Never dropped or wrecked or anything like that. Let me know.
I read this too fast. I thought it said "rear seat cow fell off". I was going to suggest you tell your girlfriend, nicely, she might need to go on a diet, and to hold on next time:D

Do you mean the cover itself, the passenger cover? Or the seat where the passenger sits...or?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Happened on my 749S. Uses two big velcro tabs to hold it on - is that the same design?
Comes from riding too fast.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm talking about the little rubber part rear of the (first person) seat that has ducati molded into it. All that's left is what looks like black glue where the part used to be. I am kind of pissed about it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
when i ride with my back pack it falls under my azz< 3 times so far luck not to have lost it,,
i think i may get some automotive two side tape. the double ball velco is not very strong..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Never had that happen and I've gone pretty darn fast.

Just look at it as an excuse to upgrade to a carbon part :) IMO carbon compliments yellow better than any other color.
Does someone make a carbon one for the xx9 bikes? i'm interested if there is one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update for everyone. Thankfully, my bike is under warranty and after some rangling with the dealer and ducati in CA its going to be covered. Whew!!! I mean this bike is $16K +...things shouldn't be falling off. Very happy they are going to fix it. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Triple9...yes, they make a carbon one...was just on Ebay for 25.00....ad is gone today though...shame, I was gonna buy it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts