Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wow awesome. That would help bigtime. And I'm only seeing $147.95... unless shipping is insane. I may buy it and be the guinea pig :D

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
It looks like it's also a base for a Krauser top case.

·
Registered
139 Posts
^ ^
Good man.

I was going to be the guinea-pig on this one but you beat me to it. Haha.:)

Like the look of them. I used a Kriega tailpack for my holiday in the summer but was always paranoid of scratching the paintwork. Looks like this could deal with that problem.

I think they are German but still pretty expensive over here in Europe too.

Look forward to hearing your opinion.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yea for sure. Looks like it bends down just far enough over the fairing to protect it. I didn't order an extension plate but that seems like a great option in the future if anyone wants to use a hard box. I just want something more stable than strapping stuff under the seat. It shipped already, so I'll let you guys know soon :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice find, that is exactly what I need, but $200 is going to make me wait and see how much you like the build quality before ordering. Thanks for being the test subject :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll see based on your opinion too Sam. More expensive than modding a stock seat, but if they are perfect...

Maybe we can try to do a group buy if there's more people interested.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well! I finally made it back home over the weekend, so I had a chance to install this thing. Unfortunately, I returned to Toronto to find that my laptop (which I stupidly left in my apartment) was full of water due to a leak from the ceiling. :mad: So pictures will come as soon as I can find a way to get them here from my phone.

Anyway...

Pros:

Very solid build. It's strong and seems pretty stable. It wobbles around a little, but wrapping the "hook" pieces at the front with something will minimize that. The lock part is great and it feels very secure.

Cons:

It DOES NOT fit right out of the box. I'll be emailing the company to let them know about this, because they can't sell it like this. I was stubborn and didn't want to go through the hassle of returning it, so I was determined to make it work. All it needs is four 10mm spacers (used the ones from my rearsets) and longer bolts to make it through the spacers.

With these fitted, it's perfect. Without them, as it comes, it doesn't fit at all. It's not high enough to clear the rear fairing. Huge problem, but easily fixable.

So I'll email the dudes about it to make sure they include longer bolts and spacers (or just redesign it to not need spacers)... but my verdict is that it's still very cool. I'm happy with the design of it and can't wait to use it! :D

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
mista-
Bummer about your laptop but I am looking forward to seeing photos of your bike with the tailbag.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Flickr for the iPhone? Excellent! :)

It sits very well (once 10mm spacers and longer bolts were added) with a good amount of space around all edges, and still enough room in the holes to loop the straps of a bag.

·
Registered
237 Posts
More angles:

I'm pretty satisfied with the build quality, aesthetics, and mounting. I'd say it's fully worth the money if it fit right out of the box. Up to you guys though if you're ok buying the extra parts. Anyway, it gets the Sam seal of approval :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Looks functional, and probably the least ugly solution I've seen for rear storage.

That's not a dig by the way, it's just hard to maintain the beauty in the lines of the SF tail with ANYTHING added to it, but that unit does a good job not destroying the looks.

Beats a backpack for those times you need to haul shit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of the tail bag I am using from
Motorcycle Luggage from Luggage Locker The bag fits great. Easy to attach. I have put thousands of miles on the bike without any problems. I recall that is cost $150.00 We did a group buy from this forum about a year ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mistasam, looks good. Best solution so far I think.

Shame about the bolts and spacers. Sure they'll sort it out soon enough.

Out of curiosity, do you think the actual plate could be mounted the other way up? Would suit my needs better the other way I think.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 22 Posts