Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it possible to split the red lens cover from the unit without breaking it? Wondering about fitting LEDs in the reflective unit. Or has anyone else a solution to improving the rear light... car rear lights are getting brighter.... bike rear lights need to get even brighter!
Cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, the problem is, I have the ducati rack which my wife hands onto, and that takes up the same space.
I like having a chick on the back of my GT. lol

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
??Watsen Design??

Have you inquired with Roger @ Watsen Design? He was working on supplying just such an LED replacement earlier this year.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks RiderJeff, I hadn't heard of him. I will drop him an email now. I can see some indicators on his website, see what he has in the pipeline. Thanks for toptip.

·
Registered
126 Posts
FLEDA in NY is one quick way to get hit from behind. Besides the tail chopping looks a bit barbaric IMO.

Would be great if someone can come up with a LED replacement that keeps the look as the original tail light assembly.

·
Ducati.ms Rocks!
78 Posts
FLEDA in NY is one quick way to get hit from behind. Besides the tail chopping looks a bit barbaric IMO.

Would be great if someone can come up with a LED replacement that keeps the look as the original tail light assembly.

actually the FLEDA in NYC is the best way NOT to get hit from behind.

it's brighter and more visible than anything on the market, providing you with nearly 180 degrees of light shooting out the back as opp to the limited stock tail light.

and to see one in person will convince you of this in an instant as all friends/riders/and mechanics have attested to since i have one as well.

as for looks, it's all subjective. it really comes down to the look of your bike as a whole - as Nimi has done so well with, and i'm working towards.

on second thot, here in NYC with 3rd world cabbies it really doesn't really matter how visible you are... :eek:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Regarding Watsen design, I emailed Roger, the owner, and this was his reply :-

Hello Julian,

I am planning such a thing since the GT on the web page is mine. I haven’t been for a ride on it this year since the stock tail light is off and I promised myself I wouldn’t put it back on, rather I would put on something I have made, but we have been very busy.

Things are slowing down a bit now, I hope to have a solution in the next month so that I can go on a little trip before the cold weather.

Thanks,

Roger W

1 - 11 of 11 Posts