Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 13' hyperstrada has 5600 miles on it and as long as I can remember my rear brake squeals unless braking hard. I have visually checked the pads and they look fine. Does everyone have this issue or am I just being whiny? Any recommendations on different pads?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Mine also squealed. I put some of that Brake Quiet stuff on the pads, and it stayed quiet for about a month then squeals again. Pretty annoying.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Mine also squealed. I put some of that Brake Quiet stuff on the pads, and it stayed quiet for about a month then squeals again. Pretty annoying.
These are the same material that comes on the back of car
pads (EBC Anti Squeal Brake Shims - ASK2) working for over
3,000 miles now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also have a squeaky rear brake, just got used to it by now. I tried doing the whole rolling backwards, no dice. I am on original OEM pads and rotors on my '15 Hyper SP with about 2K miles, and might try a cheap solution like CGC Disc Brake Quiet.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Lot of threads about this I've owned several Ducatis and they all have had crap rear brakes with all the reasons above .

Disclaimer, Axis iron rotor will not make a sound & and will lock up the rear wheel !

·
Registered
76 Posts
These are the same material that comes on the back of car
pads (EBC Anti Squeal Brake Shims - ASK2) working for over
3,000 miles now.
Can't seem to find a US online distributor for these. Anyone?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Damn! Would you mind parting with some of that so I can do my rear brake pads? I couldn't find any online here.
Couldn't find any retailers in the US either. Emailed EBC and they didn't even want proof of purchase on my HH sintered pads, just sent 'em out. I'm sure we can work something out when you're sending the Hyper dash covers. :grin2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts